10 Minute Summer Berry Galette
10 Minute Summer Berry Galette ~ easy, rustic pie with fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries baked in a single free-form crust sprinkled with coarse sugar.
In full disclosure, the name of this 10 Minute Summer Berry Galette is a little misleading. It definitely takes just 10 minutes to assemble, but the baking time adds about 25 minutes. 10 minutes hands on; 25 minutes relaxing time to pour a glass of dessert wine you’ll pair it with, grab plates and forks and take out the ice cream to soften.
This impressive Summer Berry Galette makes an ideal entertaining dessert. It’s (A) simple and (B) practically foolproof ~ oh and did I mention the aroma? You can’t beat it. Serve it alone or topped with a scoop of ice cream because really, isn’t everything is better with ice cream?
Last week our practically non-reading book (now wine) club started talking about pie. My friend Audrey said there are only two pies she’ll buy from a store, one being a Razzleberry Pie.
A what? “You know ~ a three-berry pie”. Ohhhh. Gotcha. As a result the inspiration for this 10 Minute Summer Berry Pie was formed. Sometimes things really are that easy.
What’s a galette?
A galette is a free form pie. No pie pan is needed; just a good size baking sheet. It’s the lazy girl’s answer to pie ~ rustic, quick and easy to make, loaded with fresh fruit and an unforgettable crust.
If you have a good pie crust recipe, feel free to use it, but I’m taking a hand from the store just like I did with this Peach Galette and a savory pie that’s one of my all time favorite winter comfort meals.
Can I use different kinds of fruit in this galette?
Absolutely. Use more or less of the fruit listed in the recipe or any of the following. Above all make sure you have 4 cups total.
Can I swap in frozen berries?
Yes, you can use frozen berries without thawing them and bake for the same amount of time.
10 Minute Summer Berry Galette Ingredients:
- store-bought or homemade crust
- mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries and strawberries used)
- granulated sugar
- lemon juice
- turbinado or other coarse sugar
- egg (for egg wash)
How to make a 10 Minute Summer Berry Galette:
Preheat the oven to 400° then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Combine the berries, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch and lemon juice together in a bowl. If you’re using strawberries, slice them (the rest of the berries can be left whole).
Lightly sprinkle some flour onto a flat surface and unroll the dough from the package. Press any curled edges with a rolling pin then transfer the dough to the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Spoon the berries (without their juices) into the center of the dough in a circle pattern leaving about 2” of dough around the edges
Baking note: The berries shouldn’t be piled high like in a pie, but lower and more compressed.
Fold the dough slightly over the edge of the berries overlapping each fold then gently press to seal. Whisk the egg and water together in a small bowl then brush on the top of the dough and sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the crust and exposed berries.
Bake the galette 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the berry juice is bubbly. Serve warm or room temperature, plain or topped with ice cream. Whipped cream would also be good on top.
Simple, impressive and over the top good.
Looking for more raspberry recipes? Then give this Raspberry Chocolate Tart a try and let me know what you think.
If you tried this 10 Minute Summer Berry Galette recipe or any other on the blog, I’d love to hear from you with a star rating in the recipe box or comment!
- 1 pie crust store bought or homemade
- 4 cups mixed berries blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons turbinardo OR coarse sugar
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water for egg wash
- Mix the berries, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, and lemon juice together in a bowl then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400° then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly sprinkle some flour onto a flat surface, unroll the dough from the package and roll away any curled edges. Transfer the dough to the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the berries (without their juices) into the center of the dough in a circle leaving about 2” of dough around the edges.
- Fold the dough slightly over the edge of the peaches overlapping each fold gently pressing to seal. Whisk the egg and water together in a small bowl then brush on the top of the dough and sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the crust and exposed berries.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the berry juice is bubbly. Serve warm or room temperature, plain or topped with ice cream.
- Tomato Galette with goat cheese in a buttery, flaky pie crust ~ A Gouda Life - […] a simple free-form pie made on a baking sheet. A galette can be sweet, filled with juicy peaches or…
- Blueberry Nectarine Cobbler ~ with fresh fruit ~ A Gouda Life - […] I love a good single fruit dessert, I’m also in favor of blending fruits for unique, outrageously good flavor.…
- Apple Cobbler ~ easy recipe from scratch ~ A Gouda Life - […] Summer Berry Galette: Another easy 10 minute prep recipe. Fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries baked in a single free-form…