Crispy AIR FRYER Buffalo Cauliflower bites! Crazy good, boldly delicious air fried in minutes! Easy, healthy perfect appetizer or side dish.If you’re a fan of all things buffalo but trying to eat little lighter (aren’t we all?) you’re going to love this low carb, low-cal recipe.
Buffalo Cauliflower bites are incredibly easy to make and don’t hold back on flavor. I’ll admit, I was reluctant to jump on the train that turns vegetables into something comforting like rice or pizza crust.
These spicy crispy cauliflower bites won’t be mistaken for buffalo wings. They are a delicious healthy snack all on their own. You might say they’re crispy, spicy bites of buffalo goodness.
Is that air fryer you got for Christmas tucked in the back of a closet? No judgement here if it is. Maybe you’re wondering where to start – how to start – and which recipe you should make first.
This post will walk you through tips for getting the most out of your air fryer plus how to make this delicious healthy Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower recipe.
what is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a small kitchen device that imitates the taste and crispiness of deep fried food using very little to no oil (about 1/4 teaspoon in this recipe) making it a healthier way to cook. Fans of crispy fried food, this device is for you.
What’s in Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower?
- head of cauliflower
- olive oil
- buffalo wing sauce (or your favorite spicy sauce)
- all purpose flour (almond flour can be substituted)
- corn starch
Optional: celery sticks, ranch and/or blue cheese for serving
How to make AIR FRYER Buffalo Cauliflower:
Remove the stem and core from the cauliflower, break it into bite size cauliflower florets then transfer them to a large bowl.
In a small bowl, melt the butter then fold in the olive oil, hot sauce and honey and stir until thoroughly combined.
Pour the Frank’s Red Hot sauce mixture over the cauliflower then gently mix until the florets are coated.
In a small bowl, whisk the flour, corn starch and salt together. Combine cauliflower with the flour mixture, sprinkling a couple tablespoons of flour on at at time then gently mix until coated.
Preheat the air fryer to 350° for 3 minutes then lightly brush the bottom of the fryer with olive oil (you’ll only use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of oil). Transfer half of the cauliflower to the air fryer basket in a single layer without crowding.
Air fry for 15 minutes total or until the bites are crispy and some edges browned, pausing to shake the basket a couple of times during the cooking process.
If you want to warm the first batch just return them to the air fryer and heat for one minute at 350° then serve right away with carrots, celery, ranch dressing or blue cheese dip.
latest buffalo recipe:
While I don’t usually play favorites when it comes to recipes, these Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas – click here for the recipe – definitely have a place in my heart.
Using rotisserie or leftover chicken, they whip up in a flash. Rolled tortillas are packed with spicy, shredded Buffalo Chicken and cheese and topped with a killer buffalo enchilada sauce FTW.
looking for more air fryer recipes?
Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders – boneless chicken breast strips breaded, air fried to crisp and tossed in buffalo sauce. The ultimate, crowd-pleasing appetizer or quick and easy dinner.
Air Fryer Salmon: Perfect flaky salmon in 10 minutes. Juicy inside, lightly crispy outside plus a homemade teriyaki glaze.
Air Fryer French Fries: the BEST hand cut air fried crispy French fries using just one teaspoon of oil are easy to make. Less fat, less calories, more flavor.
Air Fryer “fried” Pickles: Crunchy dill pickle chips with crispy breading air fried, served with a creamy, spicy sauce for dipping.
Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos: Better than fried! Spicy shredded chicken and cheese packed into corn or flour tortillas air fried until golden and crispy.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges – crispy, fluffy potato wedges in 15 minutes! Season with salt or loaded with ranch, cheese, bacon and sour cream for a pub-style appetizer.
HOW ABOUT MORE CAULIFLOWER RECIPES?
Roasted Cauliflower Soup – creamy, hearty comfort in a bowl. Loaded with bites of roasted cauliflower and other vegetables – packed with delicious flavor.
Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole – bites of tender roasted cauliflower baked in a creamy 3-cheese sauce until bubbly and golden. Tasty holiday side dish.
Top 5 things I love about my Air Fryer:
- Healthier cooking method.
- Cooks super fast!
- Imitates the crispiness of frying.
- Fantastic taste.
- Super simple cleanup.
Total decadence, but if you’re looking to splurge and crave more buffalo flavor, this Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese is well worth it!
If you tried this easy air fryer recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower stem/core removed, cut in florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + small amt to brush inside of air fryer
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (or more to taste) Frank's wing sauce used
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Remove the stem and core from the cauliflower and break it into bite size florets then transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, melt butter then stir in the olive oil, hot sauce and honey and stir until thoroughly combined. Pour the hot sauce mixture over the cauliflower, mixing until the florets are coated.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, corn starch and salt together. Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of the flour mixture at a time over the cauliflower gently mix until everything is coated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° for 3 minutes then lightly brush the bottom of the fryer with olive oil. Transfer half of the prepared cauliflower to the air fryer without crowding the basket.
- Air fry for 15 minutes total or until the bites are crispy and some edges browned, pausing to shake the basket a couple of times during the cooking process. Optional: to warm the first batch of bites, return to the fryer for 1 minute at 350 degrees.
- Serve right away with carrots, celery and ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.