Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas – easy recipe – cooks in under 15 minutes! Tex-Mex seasoned chicken breast strips, bell peppers and onions air fried for delicious perfectly cooked fajitas.
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas – a quick and easy meal that’ll have the family around the dinner table in minutes and is also ideal for meal prep.
The chicken and vegetables cook together in the air fryer together. The chicken is browned and juicy inside. The vegetables are tender with lightly crisp edges.
These tasty fajitas are a healthy weeknight meal and an easy way to get dinner on the table quickly.
We’re huge fans of Mexican food – if you are too, you’ll want to check out all the Mexican inspired recipes on my site.
WHAT’S IN AIR FRYER CHICKEN FAJITAS:
- cooking spray
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (may use thighs)
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- small red onion
- bell peppers
- green pepper
- lime juice
- flour or corn tortillas
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER FAJITAS:
NOTE: if you have your own fajita seasoning you enjoy, feel free to use it. You can even use packaged fajita or taco seasoning.
Thinly slice the chicken into strips then slice the peppers and onions. I like the vegetables cut about 1/2″ thick so they don’t disappear in the cooking process.
Combine the chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, (optional) cayenne pepper and oil in a medium to large bowl then add the sliced chicken strips and vegetables.
Stir everything together to completely coat well.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for 3 minutes then spray the inside of the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Add the chicken mixture to the air fryer basket then cook for 10-12 minutes pausing to shake the basket halfway through the cook time so everything cooks evenly.
Cooking time will vary with air fryers. When the chicken is cooked through to 160-165 degrees (I use a meat thermometer to take the guesswork out) and the vegetables are tender, remove from the air fryer.
Squeeze lime juice over the top then serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings and sides.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN FAJITAS:
Below are a few of my favorites – top the fajitas with your favorite fajitas toppings:
- flour tortillas OR corn tortillas
- fresh cilantro garnish
- Avocado or guacamole
- Sour cream
- Salsa or Pico de gallo
- Extra lime wedges
- Refried beans
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 Ingredient Spanish Rice
LOOKING FOR MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES?
- Air Fryer Steak Fajitas – tender, juicy marinated steak strips, onions and bell peppers cooked completely in the air fryer. Layer in flour tortillas with guacamole, salsa, cheese and sour cream.
- Air Fried Chicken Tenders – crispy outside, juicy chicken inside – buttermilk air fried in under 15 minutes!
- Buffalo Cauliflower Air Fried – crispy air fryer Buffalo Cauliflower bites are crazy good, boldly delicious air fried in minutes for an easy healthy appetizer or snack.
- Crispy Air Fried Chicken Taquitos – spicy shredded chicken and cheese rolled into tortillas air fried until golden and crispy.
If you tried this Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas recipe or any other on the blog then I hope you’ll leave a comment and some stars!
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- cooking spray
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch cayenne pepper optional
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 small red onion sliced in 1/2" thick slices
- 2 whole bell peppers seeded and sliced in 1/2" thick slices
- 1 small green pepper seeded and sliced in 1/2" thick slices
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or to taste
- flour or corn tortillas
- Thinly slice the chicken into strips then slice the peppers and onions into 1/2" thick strips.
- Combine the chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, (optional) cayenne pepper and oil in a medium to large bowl then add the sliced chicken strips and vegetables. Stir to coat well.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees for 3 minutes then spray the inside of the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken mixture to the air fryer basket then cook for 10-12 minutes pausing to give the basket a good shake halfway through the cook time.
- Remove from the air fryer, squeeze lime juice over the top then serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings and sides.