Air Fryer Nachos with crispy chips, spicy ground beef, plenty of gooey cheese and all your favorite toppings. The ultimate nachos in a snap!
Can we really be friends with someone who doesn’t fully embrace a
good great nacho? I think not.
Crispy chips (NO soggy nachos here) blanketed in gooey, melty cheese and all the toppings that say Next Level in your book.
Let’s do this.
The ultimate Air Fryer Nachos are an easy snack, perfect for game day treat, weeknight dinner or even movie night.
They whip in a jiffy and even if your team doesn’t win, these nachos always do.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- This Air Fryer Nachos recipe can and MUST be customized with anything that takes nachos to the next level for YOU.
- Nachos are always a crowd pleaser.
- You don’t have to heat up the oven so you can make them all year.
- The air fryer circulates warm air and crisps the tortilla chips while melting the cheese for the best taste and texture.
- The meat mixture can be made 1-2 days ahead making entertaining a snap.
WHAT’S IN AIR FRYER NACHOS?
Grate the cheese (prepackaged cheese can be used but freshly grated melts better and more smoothly).
Add onions and continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until onions are softened.
Sprinkle on the taco seasoning and water. Blend well then cover and simmer 2-3 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
Stir in black beans then simmer 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
Use parchment paper (or a piece of aluminum foil) that’s a little larger than the actual basket to line the air fryer basket.
Spread a layer of tortilla chips (some overlapping is okay) on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Top chips with a little of the cheese then top with cooked meat and beans mixture and the remaining cheese.
Roll the sides of the excess paper/foil down so it fits in the basket then air fry nachos at 375 degrees for 6-7 minutes or just until the cheese melts (cooking time will vary with air fryers).
Unroll the excess paper after air frying then use it to lift the nachos onto a large plate.
Add your favorite toppings then eat right away.
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING:
Taco seasoning is simple to mix up at home and you probably have the ingredients on hand.
Use 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning for this recipe.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container with your other dry spices.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
SUBS AND VARIATIONS:
- Try monterey jack cheese, pepper jack or any melty shredded cheese for the best cheesy goodness.
- For vegetarian nachos, leave out the ground beef and bulk up the vegetables,.
- Ground turkey, shredded chicken or ground chicken can be used instead of ground beef.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER AIR FRYER NACHOS:
Leftover nachos can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
Reheat slowly in the air fryer or microwave.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER NACHOS:
- Grapefruit Margaritas
- 5 Ingredient Mexican Rice
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Pico De Gallo
- Easy Homemade Guacamole
- ‘Fried’ Ice Cream Cake
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY AIR FRYER RECIPES?
Below are readers’ most popular air fryer recipes:
For even more air fryer appetizers, snacks and entrees, click here.
Let’s be friends on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM where you’ll find all my recipes and a peek into my daily life.
Be sure to follow me on PINTEREST for every one of my recipes plus the best recipes from my favorite bloggers!
SUBSCRIBE ⇓ for all the latest recipes directly into your email box.
If you tried these easy Air Fryer Nachos or any other recipe on the blog, don’t forget to leave a comment and star rating!
Air Fryer Nachos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 package taco seasoning see post for homemade taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed well
- 2-3 cups corn tortilla chips depending on size of air fryer
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Add ground beef to a large skillet. Cook over medium to medium-high heat until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add onions and continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Sprinkle on the taco seasoning and water. Blend well then cover and simmer 2-3 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Stir in black beans and simmer 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper or aluminum foil that's a little larger than the basket. Roll the sides of the excess paper/foil so it fits in the basket.
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips (some overlapping is okay) on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Top chips with a thin layer of cheese then spread cooked meat and beans mixture and the rest of the cheese.
- Roll the sides of the excess paper/foil so it fits in the basket then air fry nachos at 375 degrees for 6-7 minutes or just until the cheese melts (cooking time will vary with air fryers).
- Remove from the air fryer (unroll the parchment paper and use as handles) to a large plate and add your favorite toppings and eat right away.