Air Fryer Pig Shots – crispy bacon cups with sliced smoked sausage base, melty cheese, jalapenos and bbq seasoning. The ultimate game day recipe!
Crispy bacon-wrapped sausage forming a little shot glass that’s filled with gooey, melty cheese and pickled jalapeno.
This delicious appetizer recipe is a game winning touchdown for any gathering.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Pig Shots are an absolute flavor explosion in your mouth!
- Crispy, salty bacon, creamy – spicy – melty cheese – they’re an unexpected treat you won’t see at every party.
- You only need a few basic ingredients from the grocery store to make this Pig Shot recipe.
- Crispy bacon, smoked sausage and a bbq – cream cheese – jalapeno mixture … pork shots are the ultimate spicy appetizer.
- These flavor bombs are sure to be a hit at your next party. Let’s go.
WHAT’S IN AIR FRYER PIG SHOTS?
- air fryer
- medium bowl
- piping bag or sandwich bag or ziploc bag
- baking sheet or large platter
- softened cream cheese
- sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- pickled jalapenos (from a jar)
- pickled jalapeno brine (juice from the jar)
- dry bbq rub seasoning
- smoked sausage (kielbasa used – any works)
- thick bacon
Note: thicker cut bacon holds the cup shape better than thin.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER PIG SHOTS:
Slice sausage into 20 1″ pieces. Cut bacon strips in half and and set both aside.
Blend the cream cheese filling in a medium bowl: softened cream cheese, 3/4 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, minced jalapeno slices, jalapeno brine and bbq seasoning.
Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag (or baggie).
Starting with one sausage slice, wrap the bacon slice around the piece of sausage leaving a little room for the cream cheese filling.
Use toothpicks to secure the entire thing, then transfer to a baking sheet or large platter.
Note: if needed, add a second toothpick to make sure they’re secure.
Repeat until all sausage slices are wrapped with a piece of bacon.
Snip a small corner of the piping bag then fill the sausage cups with the cream cheese filling.
Divide the remaining cheese over the top along with a light sprinkle of the bbq seasoning.
Preheat the air fryer to 350° for 3 minutes.
Transfer the pig shots to the air fryer leaving a little space between them (don’t overcrowd – work in batches if necessary).
Air fry 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the cheese on top is golden brown.
HOW TO SERVE AIR FRYER PIG SHOTS:
These pig shots come out of the air fryer scalding (speaking from personal experience) — hot.
I recommend you give them a little time to come to room temperature then dig in.
The only thing you need to do is remove the toothpicks to eat them, but you can also serve with a small bowl of your favorite bbq sauce for dipping.
- chopped cilantro
- sliced mini bell peppers
- fresh sliced jalapeno peppers
- sliced pickled jalapeno peppers
SUBS AND VARIATIONS:
- Green chiles can be added to the cream cheese mixture.
- Whipped cream cheese can be used instead of block cream cheese.
- Drizzle a little maple syrup over the top of the pig shots after they’re air fried for a sweet-spicy flavor combo.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER PIG SHOTS:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days. Reheat in the micro or air fryer.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY AIR FRYER RECIPES?
Let’s cook together!
Tried this Pig Shot Cups recipe? Leave a comment, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating and TAG ME on social media! @agoudalife or #agoudalife
Air Fryer Pig Shots
- 12 ounces smoked sausage kielbasa used, any smoked works
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded (divided)
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno brine juice from the jar
- 2 teaspoon dry bbq rub seasoning your favorite/any kind
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- Slice sausage into 20 1″ pieces. Cut bacon strips in half and and set both aside.
- In a medium bowl blend the softened cream cheese, 3/4 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, minced jalapeno, jalapeno brine and bbq seasoning.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag or sandwich baggie.
- Wrap a bacon slice around a piece of sausage forming a cup for the cream cheese filling.
- Secure with a toothpick (use 2 if necessary) then transfer to a baking sheet or large plate. Repeat until all the pig shots are formed.
- Snip a small corner of the piping bag then fill the sausage cups with the cream cheese filling.
- Divide the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese over the top then give them all a light sprinkle of the bbq seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pig shots to the air fryer leaving a little space between them (don't overcrowd - work in batches if necessary). Air fry 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the cheese on top is golden brown.
- Remove from the air fryer, cool slightly then serve.