Air Fryer Pizza Bagel Bites – Mini bagels topped with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese + all your favorites. Easy 10 minute kid-friendly recipe the whole family will enjoy!
Hand high if you (a) ate frozen bagel bites or (b) served them to your kid.
For the record, my hand was up for both. Frozen pizza bagels were my youngest daughter’s favorite easy snack. In a pinch, they were lunch (don’t judge me).
Friends, the days of buying overpriced premade frozen pizza bagels is so yesterday.
If you have an air fryer (even if it’s your first time using it!) making homemade bagel pizzas has never been easier. Let’s wave goodbye to the frozen bagel bite.
The entire easy recipe start to finish takes under 10 minutes. The best thing (besides the irresistible taste!) is that everyone can enjoy theirs the way they like it.
These mini pizzas are for kids of all ages. Put out a tray for the football crowd and watch them disappear – as an appetizer, easy lunch or simple meal.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE AIR FRYER PIZZA BAGELS?
Below is a complete list of ingredients you’ll need:
- Plain mini bagels
- Your favorite store-bought OR homemade pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheeese
- Toppings of your choice (see below for ideas)
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER PIZZA BAGELS:
Preheat the air fryer to 375°.
Cut the bagels in half width-wise then lay them in a single layer in the air fryer rack. Air fry for 1 minute or until very light golden brown. This is an important step for the crispy pizza crust we crave.
Carefully remove the bagels from the air fryer using a pair of tongs then transfer to a baking sheet or cutting board to assemble.
Spread each bagel half with 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons of pizza sauce.
Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese over the top then place 4-5 pepperoni quarters over the cheese, gently pressing down on the pepperoni with your fingertips.
Transfer the assembled bagel halves to the air fryer and cook 3 minutes or until the cheese is gooey and melted.
Cooking time will vary with air fryer models so keep an eye on them especially if it’s the first time making them.
Remove from the air fryer and enjoy your homemade bagel bites right away.
WHAT CAN I TOP THESE AIR FRYER BAGEL PIZZAS WITH?
These bagel bite pizzas are your canvas to be as creative as you like. Here are a few suggestions:
- plain cheese (perfect for picky eaters)
- mini pepperoni (or cut standard size in quarters)
- parmesan cheese
- green peppers
- cooked italian sausage
- a sprinkle of crushed red pepper
- BBQ sauce (instead of pizza sauce), cooked shredded chicken, mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- sprinkle of basil or parsley
LOOKING FOR NEW AIR FRYER RECIPES?
For air fryer fanatics (like moi), here are a few of my favorites. For many more, click HERE.
Air Fryer French Fries – the best way to make fries! Hand cut potatoes air fried to crisp outside, fluffy potatoes inside – uses just 1 teaspoon of oil!
Best Air Fryer Salmon – simple, step by step instructions for perfectly cooked delicious salmon every time in just 10 minutes.
Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders – boneless chicken breast strips breaded, air fried to crisp and tossed in buffalo sauce. Irresistible!
Air Fried Sausage and Peppers – quick and easy weeknight dinner cooks completely in the air fryer in under 20 minutes!
Air Fryer “fried” Pickles – crunchy dill pickle chips breaded and air fried to crisp, served with simple homemade creamy, spicy sauce for dipping.
Crispy Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower Bites – Crazy good, boldly delicious air fried in minutes! Easy, healthy appetizer or side dish.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS:
Transfer any leftover pizza bites to an airtight container then store in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for a couple of minutes or until heated through with melty cheese.
If you tried this simple recipe for Air Fryer Pizza Bagel Bites, then I’d love it if you’d leave a comment or some stars!
Air Fryer Pizza Bagel Bites
- mini plain bagels
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pizza sauce (homemade OR store bought) per bagel half
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese per bagel half
- 1 whole pepperoni slice quartered per bagel half
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°.
- Cut the bagels in half width-wise then lay them in a single layer in the air fryer rack. Air fry for 1 minute or until very light golden brown.
- Remove the bagels from the air fryer then spread each bagel half with pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the top then add pepperoni. Gently press down on the pepperoni with your fingertips.
- Air fry 3 minutes or until the cheese is gooey and melted. NOTE: cook time will vary with air fryer models so keep an eye on them.