BEST Air Fryer Salmon with easy teriyaki glaze. Easy to make and perfectly cooked every time in just 10 minutes. Juicy inside, lightly crispy outside and loaded with healthy flavor.
I don’t have many kitchen gadgets but I’ve become a huge fan of the air fryer for a few reasons:
- This small kitchen appliance cooks food quickly.
- It crisps food using almost no oil.
- Air frying is a healthy cooking option with less calories.
- Bonus: Cleanup is easy.
But the latest and may most important reason is that it makes the most delicious, perfectly cooked salmon. Ever.
Even though the air fryer cooks fast, uses only a tiny bit of oil and cleans up like Alice from the Brady Bunch, the biggest reason I love my air fryer is because the food coming out tastes so good.
Salmon come out lightly browned on top with crispy skin on the bottom and all the juiciness locked inside.
What do I need to make Air Fryer Salmon?
- salmon filets
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- lemon wedges
(optional) Teriyaki glaze:
- teriyaki sauce (not glaze)
- ground ginger
- lemon wedge
- corn starch
How to make the best Air Fryer Salmon:
Take the salmon out of the refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking so it comes to room temperature. The colder the fish is before air frying, the longer it takes and more likely it is to overcook.
To make the glaze combine the teriyaki, honey, ginger and the juice from one lemon wedge (about one tablespoon) in a small saucepan then bring to a boil. Next whisk the corn starch and water in a small bowl until dissolved.
Reduce the heat to low and add the cornstarch/water stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes or until the glaze thickens then remove from the heat and set aside.
Preheat the air fryer to 400° for 3 minutes then brush olive oil on both sides of the salmon and season with salt and pepper.
Add the salmon filets to the air fryer basket skin side down and set the timer for 8 minutes.
After 6 minutes of cooking lightly brush with the teriyaki glaze while it’s still in air fryer basket and continue cooking 2 more minutes or until the salmon reaches an internal temp of 145°. Serve right away with extra lemon wedges.
Tips for perfectly cooked air fryer salmon :
Choose salmon filets close in size and thickness.
Always preheat the air fryer.
Cooking times will vary based upon the size of the filet and the temperature of the fish when you add it to the fryer so use the ‘pause’ feature to check for doneness during cooking until you’ve made it a couple of times.
Things cook fast in the air fryer and may need just one more minute of cooking time so watch closely.
Are there other toppings for Air Fryer Salmon?
Salmon with a Cucumber Dill Sauce ~ creamy Greek yogurt, lemon dill sauce.
Honey Mustard Glaze for Salmon~ fresh herb honey mustard sauce.
Salmon drizzled with Honey Garlic Sauce ~ easy, sweet-tangy honey lemon sauce.
looking for other air fryer recipes?
Air Fryer Crab Cakes – Maryland style crab cakes loaded with lump crab and very little filler.
Zucchini Corn Fritters – air fryer OR skillet option – fresh shredded zucchini, cheddar cheese and corn air fried to crisp. Easy, delicious snack, lunch or side dish. Includes VIDEO!
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas – tender, juicy marinated steak strips, onions and bell peppers cooked in the air fryer. Layer in flour tortillas with guacamole, salsa, cheese and sour cream.
Air Fried Sausage Onions and Peppers – quick and easy weeknight dinner cooks in under 20 minutes! Imitates the taste of grilled sausage all year.
Crispy Air Fryer French Fries – the BEST hand cut fries from hand cut potatoes air fried to crisp outside, fluffy potatoes inside. Uses just one teaspoon of oil!
If you tried this Air Fryer Salmon recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Air Fryer Salmon
- 2 7-8 ounce salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce not glaze
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch + 3 tablespoons water
- lemon wedges
- Optional glaze: In a small sauce pan, combine the teriyaki, honey, ginger and the juice from one lemon wedge (about one tablespoon) then bring to a boil. Next whisk corn starch and water in a small bowl until dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to low then add the cornstarch/water stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes or until the glaze thickens then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Take the salmon out of the refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking so it comes to room temperature.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° for 3 minutes. Brush olive oil on both sides of the salmon then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the salmon filets to the air fryer skin side down then set the timer for 8 minutes cook time.
- After 6 minutes lightly brush with the teriyaki glaze while still in air fryer basket and continue cooking 2 more minutes or when the salmon reaches an internal temp of 145°. Serve right away with lemon wedges. Note: cooking times will vary with air fryers and exact size of the filets.