Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe – garlic herb butter roasted crispy skin and juicy white meat loaded with the best flavors of fall. Easy to make – perfect for Thanksgiving and ready in under an hour.
Whether you’re hosting a smaller Thanksgiving dinner this year or your family is like mine and almost everyone prefers white meat, this air fryer juicy turkey breast recipe using boneless turkey breast is a great option.
A boneless turkey breast is a great option and perfect size instead of a whole turkey — or — in addition to one, giving you more white meat many people prefer and it air fries in a fraction of the time roasting takes.
I love this easy turkey recipe because it’s simple, no fuss and the taste is absolutely amazing.
The secret to this delicious roast turkey is my garlic herb butter with fresh herbs, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest. It whips up in 5 minutes and keeps the turkey juicy and loaded with flavor.
It also happens to be delicious slathered on fresh bread or rolls.
The butter can be made up to one week ahead of time and refrigerated. It’s also delicious on steak, rolls and even mashed potatoes.
What’s in air fried boneless roasted turkey breast?
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER TURKEY BREAST:
NOTE: Boneless breast usually comes with a net around it so the meat holds its shape. I like to slice the netting open on the skin side and leave the rest attached. You can leave the net on, but some of the skin may come off when you remove it after cooking.
Preheat the air fryer to 375° then pat the turkey breast with a paper towel.
Use a spoon to carefully create a cavity between the turkey and the turkey skin.
Gently push about 2 tablespoons of room temperature garlic herb butter in the cavity between the turkey and skin then lightly season the turkey with salt.
Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of the garlic herb butter in a small bowl then brush the melted butter over the exterior of the turkey breast.
Place in the basket of your air fryer skin side up then air fry turkey breast for 20 minutes. Turn the turkey breast over and continue cooking 20 more minutes or the internal temperature registers 160° on an instant read thermometer.
The turkey will continue to cook as it rests bringing it to about 165 degrees. Cook time will vary with air fryers and size of turkey breast.
Remove the turkey from the air fryer to rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing.
TIPS AND FAQ:
- Be sure the turkey breast fits in your air fryer. I know this seems obvious but it’s a simple mistake to make (mine holds up to a 3 pound turkey breast).
- Don’t overcook the turkey breast. The best way to make sure is to use a reliable meat thermometer.
- Pause the air fryer to check the temp of the turkey breast as it cooks. Cooking time can vary with the brand and size of your air fryer.
- Remove the turkey breast when the temp reaches about 160° and let it rest (It’ll continue cooking as it rests to a perfect 165°).
- If you’re making gravy, save the drippings from the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Use this recipe for bone-in turkey breast but allow extra cooking time.
- The recipe also works with turkey tenderloin.
What to serve with turkey breast:
Looking for side dishes to compliment your turkey dinner? Below you’ll find some great recipes – of course the best options are your favorite sides.
Turkey Gravy – with or without drippings – this easy gravy recipe is loaded with rich flavor and the ideal addition with turkey breast.
Gouda Mashed Potatoes – creamy mashed potatoes with Gouda cheese for a simple, elegant side dish.
Green Bean Casserole – NO canned soup – fresh green beans cooked to tender-crisp with homemade creamy mushroom sauce topped with French’s crispy fried onions.
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts – roasted to tender with crispy, edges tossed with smoked bacon and a maple syrup-Dijon mustard glaze.
Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole – roasted cauliflower and a creamy 3-cheese sauce baked until bubbly and golden.
Cranberry Sauce – easy 10 minute recipe with fresh cranberries and citrus flavor. 1000 times better than the canned stuff.
how to store leftover turkey breast:
Refrigerate any leftover turkey in an airtight container or zip top bag up to 3 days.
To reheat, place the turkey in a covered skillet over low heat with 2-3 tablespoons of gravy, stock or water just until it’s warmed through.
You’ll find full, printable details in the recipe card below. If you tried this Air Fryer Turkey Breast, then I’d love it if you’d leave a comment and star rating!
Air Fryer Turkey Breast - garlic-herb flavor
- 2 1/2 to 3 pound boneless turkey breast
- 4 tablespoons garlic herb butter see recipe below
Garlic Herb Butter:
- 1 stick salted butter softened to room temp
- NOTE: I buy the sage, rosemary and thyme all packaged together so I don't have a lot of leftover.
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flatleaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/4 of whole lemon juice and zest
Garlic Herb Butter
- Finely chop the herbs then transfer all the ingredients in a medium size bowl. Mix until it’s combined. This can be made up to 1 week ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
Air Fryer Turkey
- NOTE: Boneless turkey usually comes with a net around it so the meat holds its shape. I like to slice the netting open on the skin side and leave the rest intact. You can leave the net completely on, but some of the skin may come off when you remove it after cooking.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375° then pat the turkey breast with paper towels.
- To add some of the garlic herb butter under the skin, use a spoon to carefully create a cavity between the turkey and then skin (see photo in body of post).
- Gently push 2 tablespoons of garlic herb butter in the cavity between the turkey and skin then lightly season the turkey with salt.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of the garlic herb butter in a small bowl then brush on the exterior of the turkey.
- Place the turkey in the basket of your air fryer skin side up then cook for 20 minutes. Turn the turkey breast over and continue cooking 20 more minutes or the internal temperature registered 160° on a thermometer (it'll continue to cook to 165 as it rests).
- Remove the turkey from the air fryer to rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing.