Air Fryer Zucchini fries with a light crispy seasoned breading air fried in 8 minutes. Easy, healthy snack or side dish.
It’s no secret how much I love my air fryer. If you haven’t jumped on the air fryer train yet, this recipe just may be the one to tip the scales.
Crispy Air Fryer Zucchini Fries from fresh zucchiniare delicious served alone or dipped in ranch, pizza sauce or even french fry sauce (recipe below).
This air fryer zucchini recipe is a healthy, side dish, appetizer or snack. They also make a tasty after school snack for a great way to get more veggies in the kids.
Zucchini sticks are dredged in flour, dipped in an egg/milk combo then seasoned panko breadcrumbs. They’re lightly spritzed with olive oil cooking spray for optimum crispiness.
WHAT’S IN AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI FRIES?
- small to medium size zucchini
- all purpose flour
- panko breadcrumbs
- grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- olive oil cooking spray
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER PARMESAN ZUCCHINI FRIES:
Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper to place breaded zucchini as you bread them.
Set up a dredging station in 3 shallow bowls:
In the first bowl add the flour. Beat the eggs and milk in the second bowl and in the third bowl blend the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and finely chopped parsley.
Trim the ends then slice zucchini into sticks 3-4″ long and about 1/2″ thick.
Dredge the zucchini fries in the flour shaking off any excess, then dip into the egg/milk coating well. Last cover evenly with the panko mixture transferrring to the prepared baking sheet as you bread them.
Continue until all of the zucchini is breaded.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for 3 minutes.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray then place the breaded zucchini fires into the air fryer in a single layer.
Give the zucchini fries a light spritz of cooking spray then air fry 8 minutes turning them over halfway through cooking (respray when you turn them over).
Cook time will vary with air fryers. They’re done when they’re golden brown and crispy.
Remove from the air fryer and enjoy right away.
NOTE: if you have a small air fryer like mine, cook in batches so they don’t overlap. To keep the batches them warm, place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a 200° oven.
HOW TO EAT ZUCCHINI FRIES:
Zucchini Fries are delicious right out of the air fryer but if you’re a dipper (I am!), here are a few suggestions starting with whatever your favorite dipping sauce is:
- Ranch dressing
- Pizza sauce (or marinara)
- French Fry Sauce
- Garlic Aioli
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH FRY SAUCE:
While the zucchini cooks, to a small bowl blend:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup mayonnise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinedar
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle brine (juice from the jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- pinch of cayenne pepper
LOOKING FOR MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES?
Air Fryer French Fries – one of the most popular air fryer recipes on the blog and an easy side dish. Golden crispy outside, fluffy potato inside.
Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower – just a few simple steps to boldly delicious, crispy spicy buffalo cauliflower bites.
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes – steakhouse style baked potatoes make a great side dish to any meal.
MORE ZUCCHINI RECIPES on the blog:
Zucchini Pizza Bites – a healthier pizza option that brings all the flavor. Zucchini rounds topped with pizza sauce, melty cheese and pepperoni. Oven baked in minutes.
Zucchini Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips – easy quick bread with shredded fresh zucchini, bananas with decadent chocolate in every bite.
Air Fryer Cheesy Zucchini Corn Fritters – crispy air fryer zucchini corn fritters – AIR FRY or OVEN BAKE. Fresh shredded zucchini, cheddar cheese and corn air patties.
Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread – moist, loaded with blueberries, zucchini and fresh citrus flavor drizzled with a lemon glaze.
If you tried this Air Fryer Zucchini Fries recipe or any other on the blog then I hope you’ll leave a comment and some stars!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- 2-3 small to medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper to place the zucchini as you bread them.
Breading the zucchini:
- Set up a dredging station in 3 shallow bowls: Bowl #1: flour. Bowl #2: beat eggs and milk. Bowl #3: blend panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley.
- Trim the ends then slice zucchini into sticks 3-4″ long and about 1/2″ thick.
- Dredge the zucchini fries into the flour, then dip zucchini slices into the egg/milk coating well and last in the panko mixture covering evenly. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet then continue until all of the zucchini is breaded.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for 3 minutes then spray the air fryer basket.
- Place the breaded zucchini fires into the air fryer in a single layer. Lightly spritz with cookng spray. Air fry 8 minutes, turning them over halfway through cooking (respray when you turn them over).
- NOTE: cook time will vary with air fryers and exact size of the zucchini fries. They’re done when they’re golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy right away along or with your favorite dipping sauce. See body of post for dip suggestions.