Apple Cider Honey Crisp Sangria
Apple Cider Honey Crisp Sangria ~ a refreshing semi sweet, tangy cocktail filled with all the great flavors of fall including a hint of ginger.
Last week we made a trip to the cider mill and of course bought a jug of fresh cider and a bag of just-baked, still-warm donuts. Cider and donuts go together like peanut butter and jelly, wine and cheese and Derek and Meredith.
All but one donut vanished almost immediately (my husband called ‘dibs’ on the last one to reheat with his coffee in the morning) and though I could have bought more donuts I figured what better way to kick off the weekend than with Apple Cider Honey Crisp Sangria ~ a sweet, tangy cocktail filled with great fall flavors.
I love to make sangria. It reminds me of making soup. A little of this, a little of that. You can’t mess it up. I promise. The only thing I like more than making sangria is drinking it.
It’s so refreshing in the summer with fresh strawberries and peaches, but sangria is a great drink in the fall and winter too. In fact, whenever we have a get-together, sangria is my go-to, my jam if you will, year-round.
I make a big batch and pour it into an oversized beverage dispenser with extra fresh fruit on the side and everyone serves themselves. It’s always a hit.
My daughter is hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year and I know this Apple Cider Sangria will be welcome. Maybe more than certain guests. It’s family. What can I say?
Apple Cider Honey Crisp Sangria Ingredients:
- 1 bottle of Pinot Grigio
- 2 cups of fresh apple cider
- 1 cup of ginger ale (Vernor’s used)
- ½ cup of brandy
- 2 medium sweet-tart apples (Honey Crisp used), cored and chopped
Pour all of the ingredients into a pitcher or beverage dispenser, give it a good stir then refrigerate a couple of hours before serving to let all the flavors come together.
If you tried this recipe or any other on the blog, don’t forget to leave a comment or star rating ~ I love hearing from you!
We’re partial to Vernor’s Ginger Ale in these parts, but I know it’s not available everywhere. Canada Dry or your favorite ginger ale can be used instead. It gives that little hint of ginger without being overly sweet. Serve this Apple Cider Honey Crisp Sangria with an easy charcuterie board or just cheese and crackers. Enjoy and happy Friday!
- 1 bottle of Pinot Grigio or other dry white wine
- 2 cups fresh apple cider
- 1 cup ginger ale Vernor's used
- ½ cup brandy
- 2 medium sweet-tart apples Honey Crisp used, cored and chopped
- Pour all of the ingredients into a pitcher or beverage dispenser and stir.
- Refrigerate 2-4 hours before serving.
- Slow Cooker Applesauce ~ chunky or smooth ~ A Gouda Life - […] are a good snack by themselves with a dip or even in sangria but this set-it-and-forget-it applesauce may be…
- Mexicali Dip ~ easy, warm 4 ingredient appetizer ~ A Gouda Life - […] can’t go wrong with Sangria or Margarita when it comes to a Mexican type dip. Soft drinks go equally…