Baileys Irish Cream Brownies Recipe – your favorite box brownie mix turned into a fudgy, boozy triple layer dessert.
This simple chocolate brownies dessert is a rich, indulgent adult treat.
Bailey’s Brownies perfect any night – not just St. Patrick’s Day.
Boozy brownies with fudgy texture, Bailey’s buttercream and chocolate ganache layers – just may be the best brownies you’ve ever eaten.
What makes this recipe even better is how easy they are to make because it all starts with your favorite boxed brownie mix!
CAN KIDS EAT BAILEYS irish cream BROWNIES?
Baileys Irish Cream is an Irish liqueur – an alcoholic beverage blend of cream, cocoa, and Irish whiskey.
Because it’s not cooked or baked off, this recipe is not for the kiddos, but one the adults will love
WHAT’S IN BAILEYS irish cream BROWNIES?
- your favorite box of brownie mix (plus 8-inch pan and extra ingredients indicated on box instructions)
- powdered sugar
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- vanilla extract
- dark chocolate chips or chunks
- heavy cream
HOW TO MAKE THESE boozy BROWNIES:
NOTE: if you have a homemade brownie recipe, feel free to use it instead of a box mix.
You an also find an easy homemade brownie recipe HERE from Mamagourmand.
Mix the brownie batter in a medium bowl according to your package instructions.
Pour into a prepared pan and bake according to the box then cool brownies to room temperature.
IRISH CREAM BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
While the brownies are cooling, add softened butter to a mixing bowl.
Pour in the sugar and beat using an electric mixer on low speed until the sugar is incorporated.
Fold in 3 tablespoons of Baileys, the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
Once combined, spread the buttercream in an even layer over the top of the cooled brownies then set aside.
Place the chocolate chips (chunks) in a small saucepan along with the Baileys, heavy cream and butter over low heat stirring until smooth.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the frosted brownies.
Let cool to room temp then transfer the brownies to the refrigerator until set.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER BROWNIES:
Store any leftover Bailey’s Brownies in an airtight container in a single layer in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
LOOKING FOR MORE IRISH RECIPES?
Let’s be friends on on FACEBOOK, follow along on INSTAGRAM and find every one of my recipes on PINTEREST!
SUBSCRIBE here ⇓ for all the latest recipes directly to your email box.
If you tried this Baileys Brownies recipe or any other on the blog don’t forget to leave a COMMENT or STAR RATING!
Baileys Irish Cream Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix 8 x 8 size + ingredients required on package
Baileys Buttercream Frosting
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened to room temp
- 3 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 3 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Prepare/bake the brownies according to package directions then cool to room temperature.
- While the brownies are cooling, add softened butter and sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat using an electric mixer on low speed until sugar is blended.
- Fold in 3 tablespoons of Baileys Irish Cream, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Once combined, spread the buttercream frosting in an even layer over the top of the cooled brownies then set aside.
- Place the chocolate chunks/chips in a small saucepan along with the Baileys, heavy cream and butter. Simmer over low heat stirring until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the frosted brownies.
- Cool to room temp then transfer the brownies to the refrigerator until set.
- Slice and serve.
Leave a Reply