BBQ Chicken Pizza
Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza ~ crispy flatbread crust topped with tangy BBQ sauce, bites of chicken, red onion, mozzarella, smoked gouda and cilantro. Bold, delicious smoky flavor in a simple, quick weeknight recipe.
Nobody puts this BBQ Chicken Pizza in the corner. For fans of the movie Dirty Dancing, you know what I’m talking about. For the rest . . . you may think I’ve lost it.
Stay with me. This simple, any night pizza is loaded with layers of flavor starting with my favorite BBQ sauce, mozzarella and smoked Gouda cheese, red onion and cilantro and baked to gooey cheese, crisp crust perfection.
The secret to this quick and easy recipe is that it starts with naan bread crust – easily found at your local grocery store! The toppings make two flatbread pizzas using Stonefire Naan 2-pack 8.8 ounce package or one full size pizza. I used the whole grain type flatbread but if the original flavor will be really good, too.
You can also make your own pizza dough but if you want tasty, home baked pizza on the double, this is the way to do it.
What’s on a BBQ Chicken Pizza?
- Naan flatbread
- barbecue sauce
- cooked shredded or chopped chicken
- red onion
- mozzarella cheese
- smoked gouda cheese
- fresh cilantro
How to make BBQ Chicken Pizza:
Blend precooked, shredded or chopped chicken with 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce then set aside.
Preheat the oven to 400° then place the naan on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
Top with 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce (up to 3/4 cup of sauce to taste) then add the chicken, shredded cheeses and sliced red onion. Bake 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is lightly browned.
Remove from the oven then sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro and eat right away.
What kind of wine goes with this pizza?
Pretty much any kind of wine will pair perfectly with this pizza. I like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc but a fruity sangria would go well too.
Ever wondered how Grilled Pizza? It’s outrageously good and I’ll walk you through every step. Click here.
If you tried this BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
- 2 8.8 oz pkg naan flatbread whole grain used
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce + 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken shredded or chopped (rotisserie, leftover or 1 chicken breast precooked)
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2/3 cup smoked gouda cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Blend precooked, shredded or chopped chicken with 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400° then place the naan on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Top with 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce (up to 3/4 cup to taste), then add the chicken, mozzarella and Gouda cheeses and sliced red onion. Bake 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is lightly browned. NOTE: if you're using 2 flatbreads divide the ingredients equally.
- Remove from the oven, top with fresh chopped cilantro and eat right away.