Grilled Steak Kabobs ~ marinated steak skewers with mushrooms, peppers and onions grilled to juicy perfection. An easy, complete meal on a stick!
There’s something about warm weather that makes me a little lazy. I’m over meals that involve multiple pots and too many dishes. It’s time for some easy meals with fresh, simple ingredients like these Grilled Steak Kabobs.
I’ll put anything on a skewer ~ chicken, beef. . .even fruit. There’s something about food on a stick that’s kind of fun, way less mess and screams summer.
Grilled Steak Kabobs are a favorite at our house. We like onion, bell peppers and mushrooms – classic flavors that compliment grilled steak. You can sub in other vegetables too like zucchini, grape tomatoes, asparagus or even a side of summer corn.
what kind of steak is good for kabobs?
My preference for steak kabobs is sirloin. It’s reasonably priced, has enough marbling to keep it juicy and tender with very little waste.
There are other options like rib eye or New York strip but they’re more expensive.
what’s in Beef Kabobs?
- sirloin steak
- bell pepper any color(s)
- red onion
- fresh mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- garlic cloves
- red wine vinegar
- lemon juice
- ground black pepper
how do you make steak kabobs?
Combine the marinade ingredients in a large zip top bag then cut the steak into 1 1/2″ cubes and add to the marinade. Refrigerate at least 2 up to 6 hours.
Soak wooden skewers in water 20 minutes before grilling. Cut the onions and peppers into 1″ cubes (leave mushrooms whole) then add to a bowl.
Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over the vegetables then gently toss until they’re coated and lightly season with salt and pepper.
Thread the meat and vegetables onto the skewers leaving a little space between each ingredient so they’re not packed tightly. This lets the meat sear instead of steaming and give you the nice char marks.
how to grill steak kabobs:
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 425 degrees). Season the assembled kabobs with salt and pepper and grill 8-10 minutes total, turning occasionally. Remove from the grill then serve right away.
Looking for more kabob recipes?
Try these Grilled Teriyaki Rum Pork Kabobs with sweet-savory tropical flavor, Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabobs with Greek themed spices and for a trip to Hawaii without leaving your house, Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs.
If you tried this Grilled Steak Kabobs recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds sirloin cut in 1 1/2" cubes
- 1 large bell pepper color(s) of your choice
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients together in a large zip top bag and add the cubed meat. Refrigerate at least 2 up to 6 hours.
- Soak the skewers in water 20 minutes before grilling.
- Cut the onions and peppers into 1" cubes (leave mushrooms whole). Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over the vegetables and gently toss until coated and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Thread the meat and vegetables onto the skewers leaving a slight space so they’re not packed tightly. This lets the meat grill and sear instead of steaming.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 425 degrees). Season the kabobs with salt and grill 8-10 minutes total, turning occasionally.