BEST Coleslaw Recipe with just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes! Crunchy slaw, creamy tangy-sweet dressing. The ideal side for any barbecue or burgers and the only topping you need for that pulled pork or chicken!
Sometimes a recipe comes together so simply and is so incredibly delicious that you wonder why you’ve been buying the store-made version all these years.
Enter: the BEST Coleslaw recipe that starts with just 4 simple ingredients + 5 minutes and finishes with rave reviews.
I bought deli slaw for many years until I created this easy coleslaw recipe and friends – I am not looking back.
Cold, sweet-tangy crunchy slaw is the ideal side with fried fish and burgers and when it comes to pulled pork or pulled chicken there’s nothing that compliments the flavor of that spicy-sweet barbecue sauce more than creamy coleslaw.
Keep this side dish in mind for your Easter table this year as well – and did I mention you can whip it up in just 5 minutes?
This easy coleslaw recipe is lightly sweet with a hint of tang from apple cider vinegar. It really does whip up in 5 minutes with just 4 ingredients and is so simple it almost doesn’t need a recipe at all.
what’s in the best coleslaw recipe?
- packaged shredded coleslaw mix from the produce department
- mayonnaise (Hellman’s used or your favorite brand)
- apple cider vinegar
Optional: small pinch of salt that’ll bring the flavors together.
how to make the best coleslaw:
Add the mayonnaise, honey and apple cider vinegar to a medium size mixing bowl then (optional) sprinkle in a small pinch of salt and whisk to combine.
Next empty the bag of shredded coleslaw into the bowl then stir to evenly coat the slaw.
The slaw is ready to serve right away or you can refrigerate for an hour or so to let the flavors mingle.
can i make coleslaw ahead of time?
Yes! This is a great make-ahead recipe. When I entertain I like to do as much as possible ahead of time. That way when guests arrive I can relax and have fun with everyone.
To make this recipe ahead of time whisk the dressing ingredients and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
When it’s party time blend the slaw with the dressing and serve.
- Looking for an easy meal loaded with flavor that’ll serve a crowd? Make this Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork or Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Chicken. Serve it right from the crockpot along with coleslaw, toasted buns or Texas toast and let guests help themselves.
- This dressing is also delicious with shredded broccoli or kale blends instead of cabbage.
- To lighten the recipe, use light mayonnaise or a mayonnaise-olive oil blend.
looking for other salad recipes?
Potato Salad – Readers LOVE this recipe as much as my family does! Hard boiled eggs and crispy bacon are blended with creamy mayonnaise and tender potatoes.
Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad – cheese-stuffed tortellini plus all your antipasto favorites: salami, pepperoni, cheese, peppers, olives and onions in a vinaigrette dressing.
BLT Salad – inspired by the classic sandwich. Romaine lettuce, crispy bacon, tomatoes, red onion, garlic croutons, crumbled blue cheese and homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
If you tried this Best Coleslaw recipe or any other on the blog then I hope you’ll leave a comment and some stars!
Best Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 14 ounce package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- optional: pinch of salt
- Add the mayonnaise, honey and apple cider vinegar to a medium size mixing bowl then (optional) sprinkle in a small pinch of salt and whisk to combine.
- Empty the bag of shredded coleslaw mix into the bowl then stir to evenly coat.
- The slaw is ready to serve right away or refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors blend.