This Boozy Brownies recipe was written by my daughter, Lauren Dezenski who was on her way to Peru in this photo. Lauren works in advertising, loves good food and wine and is always on the lookout for her next travel adventure!
Summer is my season, but I welcome fall and all that it brings: boots and scarves, all things pumpkin and tailgate season for those of us more interested in the social aspect of football. Which brings me to Boozy Brownies.
I’ll be the first to admit that I can get a little competitive when it comes to bringing food to a party. Let’s be honest…Pinterest has me and the rest of the world in a frenzy about bringing THE best dish.
Now everyone has access to everything from cutting edge fashion to must-see travel destinations, ways to get fit and of course a recipe for every occasion.
Gearing up for a tailgate the next day I wanted something easy to transport, could be made in individual servings, and would combine food and beverage into one neat package.
I’ll admit I am a procrastinator, but it’s under pressure that some of us work our best. So I scoured Pinterest for a boozy dessert. What I found was a lot of from-scratch recipes that I didn’t have the time or patience for.
It was in true fashion of working best under pressure that these Boozy Brownies were born.
My hypothesis was I could take a box mix and swap in alcohol for the measurement of water. Off I went with a box of salted caramel brownies and a bottle of Jack Daniels.
What came out of my oven was a rich, fudgy brownie complimented by the full, oaky flavor of the Jack.
To top it off (literally and figuratively) the box came with a salted caramel packet which I thought could also use a kick of Jack Daniels.
Boozy Brownies Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 box Duncan Hines Salted Caramel Brownie Mix
- Jack Daniels
- vegetable oil
- salted caramel packet included in the box mix
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, egg, 1/3 cup of Jack Daniels (see NOTE below) and the vegetable oil.
Line a mini muffin tin with papers then fill them about 3/4 of the way full.
Bake 8-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Baking times will vary with each oven.
While the brownies are baking, empty the salted caramel packet into a small saucepan. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniels, stirring occasionally over medium to medium-low heat simmering for 2 minutes.
After the brownies are baked, drizzle the caramel mixture over the top, dividing between them.
NOTE: If you use another brand of brownie mix, follow the instructions on the back of the box substituting the Jack Daniels for the water.
Brownies and other passed dishes are easiest to bring and serve in individual portions so there’s no need for plates or knives.
This Boozy Brownies recipe was created several years ago and are still my hero dish. Quick, impressive, never disappoint and are seriously addictive and of course, a true chocolate lover never has too many tasty chocolate recipes in their arsenal.
I used the leftover Jack Daniels for these Grilled Spicy Chicken Wings. Enjoy!
If you tried this Boozy Brownies recipe or any other on the blog, don’t forget to leave a comment or star rating ~ I love hearing from you!
- 1 box Duncan Hines Salted Caramel Brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniels + 2 tablespoons/divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Salted caramel packet included in mix above
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the mix, egg, 1/3 cup of Jack Daniels and vegetable oil.
- Line a mini muffin tin with papers.
- Fill the papers about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake approximately 10 minutes, keeping in mind baking times vary with each oven.
- While the brownies are baking, empty the salted caramel packet into a small saucepan then add 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniels, stirring occasionally.
- After the brownies are baked, drizzle the Jack-Caramel mixture over the top, dividing between them.
- Mini Baklava Cups ~ all the delicious flavor of full size ~ A Gouda Life - […] dessert is never enough at our family gatherings. That’s why one bite desserts are perfect. Mini Baklava Cups make…