Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots
Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots ~ tender carrots oven roasted and glazed in a delicious nutty, brown butter honey-garlic sauce.
Almost every family has a picky eater. Mine ate peanut butter and jelly every single day of first grade. Growing up, she stubbornly refused to eat a vegetable other than corn and potatoes. She called carrots “the devil’s vegetable”.
She loved chicken (still does) and couldn’t pass up a french fry if her life depended upon it (still can’t). For the record, she still won’t eat a carrot but if you do and you’re looking for a simple, gourmet level side dish, this is it.
Picky eaters aren’t limited to children. I have a friend whose husband refuses to eat food with color, meaning bright, beautifully colored vegetables. She’s loves a good salad, but hasn’t converted him yet. Maybe one day.
These Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots are roasted for added flavor in an over the top good brown butter honey-garlic glaze. Rich, sweet-nutty crazy good flavor that goes perfectly with the Easter ham, pork tenderloin or any time of the year.
Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots Ingredients:
- fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots Instructions:
Making the brown butter is so quick, easy and good, you’ll be looking for other recipes you can use it in. It may seem like something from a fancy restaurant, but trust me, it’s not. Anyone with a skillet and some butter can make it.
Tip: A stainless steel skillet works best if you have one (if you don’t, no problem) because it makes it easier to monitor the color of the butter so it doesn’t burn.
The Brown Butter:
Cut the butter into pieces and add it to the skillet over medium heat.
Stir the butter slowly allowing it to melt evenly. You’ll see it start to foam ~ keep stirring ~ and watch closely so you don’t go from mmmm to ugh.
The foam will start to subside and you’ll see the butter become a light golden color with a delicious nutty aroma. It’s done!
When the brown butter is finished, remove it from the heat, blend in the honey, chopped thyme and grated garlic, giving it all a good stir.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees then peel and cut the carrots into about the same size pieces so they’ll cook evenly.
Combine the sliced carrots with the brown butter in the skillet, stirring well so all the carrots are coated.
Can I substitute baby carrots for sliced ones?
Yes. Baby carrots are a great option as well. Leave them whole and follow the rest of the recipe.
After the carrots are blended with the brown butter, transfer them to a baking sheet including the honey-brown butter sauce. Season the carrots with salt and pepper and bake 15-20 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
These Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots are a hit whenever I make them. Who knows? Maybe your picky eater will even be willing to give them a try.
If you tried this Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots recipe or any other on the blog, don’t forget to leave a co mment or star rating ~ I love hearing from you!
Brown Butter Honey Glazed Carrots
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped (optional garnish)
- Cut the butter into pieces and add it to the skillet over medium heat. Stir the butter slowly allowing it to melt evenly. You’ll see it start to foam ~ keep stirring ~ and watch closely.
- The foam will subside and you’ll notice a nutty aroma and light golden color. Keep a close eye on the butter. It can go from browned to burnt quickly.
- When the brown butter is finished, remove it from the heat, blend in the honey, chopped thyme, grated garlic and stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel and cut the carrots into about the same size pieces so they'll cook evenly.
- Combine the sliced carrots with the brown butter honey in the skillet, stirring well until they're coated.
- Transfer the carrots including the brown butter honey to a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper and bake 15-20 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Transfer the carrots to a serving dish, garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm.