Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls combines two favorites: egg rolls and buffalo chicken for one over the top treat! Egg roll wrappers filled with shredded chicken, cheese, buffalo sauce and ranch dressing are air fried to crisp for the best appetizer at the party!
Whether you just got an air fryer and are trying to decide which recipe to make first or you’ve had one for a while, you’re going to love this recipe.
I don’t say that often because everyone’s taste is different but this a marriage between egg rolls and buffalo chicken dip? Oh man – what’s not to love?
These Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are easy to make with outrageously good taste!
I’ve been on kind of an air fryer kick lately. It’s a much healthier way to enjoy our favorite fried treats and when you add buffalo to the mix? Well . . . enough said.
The Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower I posted recently is already popular and for good reason. It’s a delicious, meatless option, especially for all the game day parties going on and because you just can’t lose where buffalo is concerned. Have you tried it yet?
The inspiration for this recipe came from our annual girls’ trip with my daughters – and this year my granddaughter as well. Shopping, spa treatments and plenty of good food and wine.
One dish we indulge in every year is Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls: crispy egg rolls filled with spicy chicken and cheese – delicious – and alas . . . also deep fried.
This is my healthier take on that recipe without sacrificing taste. Though I don’t like to blow my own horn – who am I kidding? Toot-too! I’d put my air fried version against their deep fried anytime.
What’s in Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls?
- cooked chicken
- Frank’s Buffalo sauce
- sharp cheddar cheese
- Original ranch salad dressing
- cream cheese
- egg roll wrappers
- olive oil
- Ranch and/or blue cheese salad dressing for dipping
How do I make Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls in the air fryer?
In a medium bowl, combine the cooked chicken, buffalo sauce, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing and cream cheese until it’s completely blended. If you’d like to bulk up the filling with some vegetables, grated carrots or finely chopped celery would be good options.
Next add 1/4 cup of tap water to a small bowl and keep it nearby. You’ll use this water to seal the edges of the egg roll wrappers.
How to fold egg rolls:
Lay one egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with a corner pointed toward you then add 3 tablespoons of filling to the middle of the wrapper.
Use your finger to dab water to the edges of the wrapper then make one turn of the egg roll. Fold in the two opposite corners to make a triangle. Continue rolling tightly then seal the end with another dab of water.
Make sure your egg roll is sealed so the cheesy filling doesn’t ooze out when you air fry.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°. Lightly brush the egg rolls with olive oil all the way around and on the ends. Air fry 8 minutes total or until they’re golden, pausing to turn about halfway through.
Serve warm with ranch and/or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Can I freeze the extra egg roll wrappers?
Yes. Place any leftover egg roll wrappers in a freezer safe zip top bag and store in the freezer up to 3 months.
How do I keep egg rolls warm when I make multiple batches?
To keep the egg rolls warm between batches after air frying, transfer the egg rolls to a cooling rack set on a baking sheet then keep in a 225° oven where they’ll stay warm and crisp.
do i have to air fry them?
No – you can definitely bake them instead of air frying though I highly recommend the air fryer because of the convenience and ultimately they’re a bit crispier cooked that way.
To bake: preheat the oven to 400°. Brush the egg rolls with olive oil as instructed them place on a baking sheet. Cook 12-14 minutes turning halfway or until they’re browned and crisp then serve right away.
If you tried this Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Roll recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or chopped
- 1/4 cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened to room temp
- 8-10 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ranch and/or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked chicken, buffalo sauce, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing and softened cream cheese until it’s completely blended.
- Next add 1/4 cup of tap water to a small bowl and keep it nearby. You’ll use this water to seal the edges of the egg roll wrappers.
- How to fold egg rolls: Lay one egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with a corner pointed toward you.
- Add 3 tablespoons of filling the middle of the egg roll wrapper. Use your finger to dab water on the edges of the wrapper.
- Make one turn with the egg roll then fold in the two opposite corners to make a triangle. Continue rolling tightly then seal the end with another dab of water on your finger. Check to make sure the egg roll is sealed. If not, add another dab of water and press to seal. If the egg rolls aren’t sealed the cheese will ooze out when you air fry.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Lightly brush the egg rolls on all sides and ends with the olive oil. Air fry about 8 minutes total or until golden, pausing to turn about halfway through. Serve right away with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.