Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls – AIR FRIED or OVEN BAKED with EASY step by step instructions! Crispy outside and plenty of bold buffalo seasoned chicken, gooey cheese and ranch dressing inside.
Whether you have an air fryer or not you can still enjoy this easy recipe for Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls. They’re undeniably good either way though the air fryer does crisp them up a bit more.
Ellyn tried this recipe and says she “gave some to my neighbor and she begged for the recipe”. #winning
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls in the air fryer have become one of the most popular recipes on the blog for good reason. They’re simple to make and loaded with delicious spicy Buffalo flavor.
What’s in Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls?
- cooked chicken diced or shredded
- Frank’s Buffalo sauce
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Original ranch salad dressing
- cream cheese
- egg roll wrappers
- olive oil or cooking spray
- Ranch and/or blue cheese salad dressing for dipping
How do I make air fried Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls?
In a medium bowl, combine the cooked (diced or shredded) chicken, buffalo sauce, shredded cheddar cheese, ranch dressing and cream cheese until it’s completely blended.
How to fold egg rolls:
Add 1/4 cup of tap water to a small bowl and keep it nearby. This will be used to seal the edges of the egg roll wrappers.
Lay one egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with a corner pointed toward you then add 3 tablespoons of filling to the middle of the wrapper (photo 1).
Use your finger to dab water on the edges of the egg roll wrapper then make one turn of the egg roll (photo 2). Fold in the two opposite corners to make a triangle or envelope (photo 3). Continue rolling tightly then seal the end with another dab of water (photo 4).
Make sure your egg roll is sealed so the cheese doesn’t ooze out when you cook them.
variations to this recipe:
Sometimes I’ll add a little bagged slaw to mine (cabbage, broccoli or even kale is good). Below is a photo of how it looks if you opt to do that.
air frying the egg rolls:
Preheat the air fryer to 400° for 3 minutes then either spritz the egg rolls with cooking spray or lightly brush them with olive oil all the way around and on both ends.
Air fry for 8 minutes or until the egg rolls are golden, pausing to turn about halfway through (cook times vary with air fryers). Serve right away with ranch and/or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Can I freeze any leftover egg roll wrappers?
Yes. Place any extra egg roll wrappers in a freezer safe zip top bag and store in the freezer up to 3 months.
How do I keep egg rolls warm when I make multiple batches?
To keep the egg rolls warm between batches after air frying, transfer the egg rolls to a baking sheet (line with parchment paper for easier cleanup!) then keep in a 225° oven until they’re all finished.
baked buffalo chicken egg rolls?
If you don’t have an air fryer but still want to make these Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls, preheat your oven to 400° then spritz the egg rolls with cooking spray on all sides and ends.
Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (easier cleanup) and bake 12-14 minutes total turning halfway or until they’re browned and crisp then serve right away.
NOTE: air frying does result in crispier egg rolls but the baking method is still delicious.
looking for more air fryer recipes?
These these easy air fryer recipes that use very little oil:
Buffalo Cauliflower – healthy spicy crispy cauliflower loaded with bold buffalo taste in minutes. Serve with ranch or blue cheese for dipping.
Chicken Tenders – buttermilk marinated crispy air fried chicken. Cooks in under 15 minutes!
Crab Cakes – Maryland style crab cakes loaded with lump crab and very little filler. The ultimate easy crab cake recipe.
Chicken Sandwich (Chick-fil-A Copycat Recipe) – crispy chicken outside, juicy meat inside – served up on a toasted brioche bun with lettuce, tomato and creamy smoky sauce.
If you tried this Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Roll recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating below!
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or chopped
- 1/4 cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened to room temp
- 8-10 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ranch and/or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked chicken, buffalo sauce, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing and softened cream cheese until it’s completely blended.
- Next add 1/4 cup of tap water to a small bowl and keep it nearby. You’ll use this water to seal the edges of the egg roll wrappers.
- How to fold egg rolls: Lay one egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with a corner pointed toward you.
- Add 3 tablespoons of filling the middle of the egg roll wrapper. Use your finger to dab water on the edges of the wrapper.
- Make one turn with the egg roll then fold in the two opposite corners to make a triangle. Continue rolling tightly then seal the end with another dab of water on your finger. Check to make sure the egg roll is sealed. If not, add another dab of water and press to seal. If the egg rolls aren’t sealed the cheese will ooze out when you air fry.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Lightly brush the egg rolls on all sides and ends with the olive oil. Air fry about 8 minutes total or until golden, pausing to turn about halfway through. Serve right away with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.