Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas – rolled flour tortillas loaded with spicy chicken and gooey cheese, topped with a killer Buffalo-Enchilada sauce and baked until bubbly. Perfect for game day, quick and easy enough for weeknights!
Leftover or rotisserie chicken means these cheesy, creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas are perfect for busy weeknights and just what the team needs on game day.
Flour tortillas are packed with gooey cheese and buffalo-ranch shredded chicken, topped with a killer buffalo-enchilada sauce and more cheese then baked until golden and bubbly.
Two favorite foods – buffalo + enchiladas = one crazy good recipe the whole family can get behind.
My family is obsessed with the taste of buffalo so it wasn’t a far stretch when one day (while devouring Buffalo Chicken Dip), my youngest daughter suggested I make Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas.
Sometimes recipe inspiration really is that simple.
what’s in this buffalo chicken enchiladas recipe?
- cooked shredded chicken (leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken work great!)
- softened cream cheese
- Ranch salad dressing
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (may sub Monterey Jack cheese)
- red Enchilada sauce
- flour tortillas
- Diced celery
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Ranch dressing/sauce
- Fresh tomatoes
- Sliced green onions
- Sour Cream
- Blue Cheese dressing
- fresh squeezed lime juice (lime wedges)
how to make buffalo chicken enchiladas:
Soften the cream cheese to room temp so it’s easier to blend then shred the chicken.
Preheat the oven to 350° then spray an approximately 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
In a medium bowl blend the softened cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of the ranch dressing, 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese then fold in the shredded chicken.
In a medium to large bowl whisk the can of enchilada sauce, the remaining 1/4 cup of Buffalo sauce and the remaining 2 tablespoons of Ranch salad dressing.
TIP: to make the tortillas easy to work with, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them for 30 seconds flipping halfway through until they’re warm and pliable.
Place a heaping 1/4 cup of the chicken-cheese blend in the center of the tortilla then roll and transfer to the prepared baking dish (place seam side down).
Depending upon the size or your tortillas and how much filling you use, you should get 6-8 enchiladas.
Pour the Buffalo sauce mixture over the top of the tortillas then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese (if you’re adding blue cheese, crumble it over the top now).
Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese melted. Optional: broil 1-2 minutes to lightly brown the top. Add your favorite toppings then serve right away.
how to drizzle without a piping bag:
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of Ranch dressing to a sandwich size zip top bag.
- Squeeze the air out of the bag while sealing it, then snip a tiny piece from one corner of the bag. Gently squeeze the Ranch over the top in a zig-zag fashion.
looking for more buffalo recipes?
Look no further! Here are few of my favorites:
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls – Air Fry or bake in the oven. Easy, step by step instructions. Crispy outside, cheesy spicy chicken inside.
Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings – crispy “oven fried” buffalo wings start with a spicy buttermilk-ranch marinade and finish with crispy skin, juicy meat and loaded with bold buffalo flavor.
Buffalo Mac and Cheese – 3-cheese creamy, spicy Buffalo Mac and Cheese – make with or without chicken. Cooks completely in one pot.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower – Crispy Air fried Buffalo Cauliflower – easy, healthy – make this treat in
If you tried this Buffalo Chicken Enchilada recipe or any other on the blog then I hope you’ll leave a comment and some stars!
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken rotisserie chicken works great!
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temp
- 4 tablespoons Ranch salad dressing (divided) + more for drizzling after baking
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce divided
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded divided
- 10 ounce can red Enchilada sauce medium spice level used
- 6-8 6" flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- Soften the cream cheese to room temp and shred the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350° then spray an approximately 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl blend the softened cream cheese, 2 tablespoons ranch dressing, 1/4 cup of the Buffalo sauce and 1 cup of the shredded cheese then fold in the shredded chicken.
- In a second bowl whisk the can of enchilada sauce, the remaining 1/4 cup of Buffalo sauce and the remaining 2 tablespoons of Ranch salad dressing.
- TIP: to make the tortillas easy to work with, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them for 30 seconds flipping halfway through until they're warm and pliable.
- Place a rounded 1/4 cup of chicken-cheese blend in the middle of the tortilla then roll and transfer to the baking dish seam side down (you should get 6-8 enchiladas depending on how you fill).
- Pour the Buffalo Enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas then sprinkle with remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese melted. Optional: broil 1-2 minutes to lightly brown the top. Add your favorite toppings and serve right away.
Optional Topping Suggestions:
- Finely diced celeryBlue cheese crumblesDrizzled Ranch dressingFresh tomatoes diced CilantroSour Cream