Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – air fried or oven baked – you will LOVE this delicious healthy option to chicken wings. Spicy ground chicken meatballs air fried then rolled in buffalo sauce. Serve with blue cheese crumbles and ranch dressing for dipping as a meal or appetizer.
Are you starting to think I’m buffalo obsessed? Perhaps so! Some of my favorite dishes involve Buffalo Sauce like gooey, cheesy Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese or healthier options like Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower and Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls.
These meatballs are my new favorite and could just be yours too!
My husband loves spicy buffalo wings and could pretty much eat them every day. Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are a healthier version of those wings, with classic taste cooked completely in the air fryer or oven.
They’re deliciously spicy, made with lean ground chicken and are practically addictive. Buffalo Chicken Meatballs cook in just 10 minutes and will be a great addition to your air fryer recipe collection!
What’s in Buffalo Chicken Meatballs?
- ground chicken
- breadcrumbs (Progresso Italian style used)
- Buffalo sauce (Frank’s used)
- fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- Optional: blue cheese, ranch dressing, carrots, celery for serving
How do I make Buffalo Chicken Meatballs?
Preheat the air fryer to 400° for 3 minutes then lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Add the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the buffalo sauce, salt, onion and parsley to a medium size bowl then blend by hand.
Roll the meatballs into about 1 1/4″ balls then place the meatballs in the air fryer basket without overcrowding them (working in batches if necessary).
Air fry the meatballs for 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning about halfway into cooking time. Cook time will vary based upon individual air fryers and the size of the meatballs.
Remove the meatballs from the air fryer and gently toss with the remaining sauce. Optional: crumble blue cheese over the top and serve with ranch dressing, carrots and celery.
No air fryer? Bake at 400° on a lightly oiled baking sheet 14-16 minutes or until cooked through.
What to serve with these Meatballs:
As an appetizer, add a side of ranch dressing, a little crumbled blue cheese over the top and some fresh cut celery and carrots.
To serve these meatballs as a meal, load a couple into a lettuce leaf for a twist on lettuce wraps or add to a salad. You can also serve with:
If you tried this Buffalo Chicken Meatballs recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Do we share a love of easy, tasty recipes? LIKE ME on FACEBOOK, FOLLOW along on TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST and SUBSCRIBE ⇓ for all the latest.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs Progresso Italian Style used
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce divided (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- cooking spray
- Optional: blue cheese, ranch dressing, carrots, celery
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray then preheat to 400° for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the buffalo sauce, salt, onion and parsley to a medium bowl then blend by hand.
- Roll the meatballs into about 1 1/4″ balls then place the meatballs in the air fryer basket without overcrowding them (working in batches if necessary).
- Air fry the meatballs for 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning about halfway into cooking time. Time will vary based upon individual air fryers and the size of the meatballs.
- Remove the meatballs from the air fryer and gently toss with the remaining sauce then serve right away. Optional: crumble blue cheese over the top and serve with ranch dressing, carrots and celery.
These look great!! On my shopping list to try! Love what you have done with your site!
Thank you so much Barbara! I’m really glad you’re going to try them. They are definitely a favorite at our house. Thank you – I’m really happy with the site as well but the credit goes to the very talented Michele at https://bravecreativedesign.com/ – she was so easy to work with! 🙂
I’m finally getting around to commenting, but I make these ALL the time 🙂 I make a full batch of meatballs and freeze them made up already so all I have to do is pull out a few and cook them in the air fryer. I’ll do this at lunch with a side salad or for dinner. The easiest thing to make and have on hand and so much better than your freezer food at the grocery store. Highly recommend trying – you’ll probably be as addicted as me
Wow – thank you! That’s such a great meal-prep tip – making and freezing. I’ll be trying it myself now! It definitely makes eating healthy so much easier especially on busy days.