Brussels Sprouts Sweet Potato Medley ~ roasted brussels sprouts and cubed sweet potatoes blended with dried cranberries and pepitas drizzled with sweet-tangy balsamic glaze.
If there’s something better than roasted brussels sprouts, it’s blending them with roasted sweet potatoes and other flavors of fall like cranberries and pepitas for a little texture. But wait – it actually gets even better with a light drizzle of sweet-tangy balsamic glaze.
This Brussels Sprouts Sweet Potato Medley side dish is easy enough for every day but upscale enough for the holidays and has a little something for every appetite in it.
When vegetables are roasted they become caramelized and food magic happens. The medley of flavors practically explode in your mouth. This recipe is a must-have holiday side dish.
The dried cranberries give the dish a pop of tangy sweetness and make a great contrast to the balsamic glaze. Crispy pepitas (pumpkin seeds) add texture and bring the dish together.
What’s in Brussels Sprouts Sweet Potato Medley?
- brussels sprouts
- sweet potato
- red onion
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- dry Italian seasoning
- dried cranberries
- epitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- bottled balsamic glaze
How to make this dish:
Preheat the oven to 400° degrees then lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Cut the stump end off the brussels sprouts, pull away the first couple of layers of leaves then thinly slice them.
Peel the sweet potato and slice so the pieces are similar thickness of the brussels sprouts for even cooking.
Slice the onion then add the brussels, sweet potato and onion to the baking sheet.
Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the top, season with salt and pepper to taste then drizzle the olive oil and toss to coat everything.
Bake 25-35 minutes, turning about halfway through or until the veggies are fork-tender and caramelized.
When the vegetables are finished cooking, add the dried cranberries, pepitas and 3 tablespoons of balsamic glaze. Taste and adjust for salt or additional balsamic glaze.
If you tried this Brussels Sprouts Sweet Potato Medley recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Brussels Sprouts Sweet Potato Medley
- cooking spray
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 large sweet potato
- ½ large red onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or more to taste
- ¼ cup Pepitas or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons bottled balsamic glaze or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut the stump end off the brussels sprouts then pull away the first couple of layers of leaves and thinly slice them.
- Peel the sweet potato and slice so the pieces are similar size as the brussels sprouts so they cook evenly.
- Thinly slice the onion then add the brussels, sweet potato and onion to the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil gently tossing to coat.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, turning about halfway through until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Add the dried cranberries, pepitas and 3 tablespoons of balsamic glaze. Taste and adjust for salt. Additional balsamic glaze may be added or drizzled over the top.