Roasted Cauliflower Casserole – cheesy cauliflower casserole with bites of roasted cauliflower in a creamy 3-cheese sauce baked until golden. The ideal side of your holiday table.
If you’re looking for a great addition to your Thanksgiving table, this cauliflower recipe is it.
It compliments any Thanksgiving dinner and the wonderful flavor will make it a huge hit even with picky eaters or those who aren’t a huge fan of cauliflower.
This may become their new favorite way to enjoy this vegetable.
This may look like Au Gratin Potatoes but it’s actually an outrageously good Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole that will win over even the pickiest, non-veggie eater.
We’re starting with a whole roasted cauliflower (cut in cauliflower forets) because roasting vegetables is an easy way to add incredible flavor.
Hearty enough to be a main dish and on tap to become one of your new favorite side dishes.
cauliflower provides powerful health benefits!
- Loaded with vitamins
- High in fiber
- Low in calories
It’s perfect this time of year to enjoy cauliflower in so many recipes including this Roasted Cauliflower Soup.
how to cut cauliflower without a mess:
This VIDEO shows the easiest way to cut cauliflower without making a mess of it. From there, move on to the recipe below ⇓
what’s in Cheesy Cauliflower casserole?
Below you’ll find the ingredients for this Cauliflower au gratin casserole.
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- melted butter
- sour cream
- cream cheese softened to room temp
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- shredded gouda cheese
- parsley (optional garnish)
how to make cheesy cauliflower casserole:
Preheat the oven to 425° then line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
Cut the cauliflower head into florets or small pieces then transfer to the baking sheet (sheet pan). Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder then gently toss to coat.
Roast the cauliflower florets for 15-18 minutes on a lower oven rack. Cooking time will vary. You want the cauliflower to be tender-crisp and lightly brown on the bottom.
In a medium bowl, melt butter then add sour cream, softened cream cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar and 1/2 cup of the gouda cheese.
Lightly spray a shallow casserole dish with cooking spray then add the roasted cauliflower. Add dollops of the cream cheese mixture to the top of the cauliflower then sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake 8-10 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Garnish (optional) with fresh chopped parsley and serve warm.
VARIATIONS TO THIS RECIPE:
- Add a scattering of bread crumbs before baking for a little texture.
- Blend cloves of roasted garlic into the cheese instead of garlic powder.
- Fresh herbs (thyme for one) would be a great addition.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER CHEESY CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE:
Leftover cauliflower casserole can be store in an airtight container in the refirgerator up to 3 days.
what goes with cheesy cauliflower casserole?
Roasted cauliflower casserole would be delicious with any of the easy recipes below.
- Herb-Garlic Butter Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer Cornish Hens
- 20 Minute Honey Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
- Apricot Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Looking for more Thanksgiving side?
Any (or all!) would be a tasty addition to your Thanksgiving meal or any holiday dinner.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce – one small saucepan and just 10 minutes. Way better than canned!
Green Bean Casserole – small batch recipe using fresh green beans and mushrooms but NO canned soup.
Homemade Gravy – made with OR without drippings, this is the best gravy recipe, loaded with rich flavor.
Gouda Mashed Potatoes – creamy, buttery mashed potatoes with Gouda cheese.
Maple Brussels Sprouts – roasted to tender with crispy edges tossed with bacon and maple syrup dijon mustard glaze. One delicious side dish recipe!
Full recipe in the recipe card below. Enjoy!
Do we share a love of easy, tasty recipes? LIKE ME on FACEBOOK, FOLLOW along on TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST and SUBSCRIBE ⇓ for all the latest.
If you tried this Cheesy Cauliflower Casseole recipe or any other on the blog then I hope you’ll leave a comment and some stars!
Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup gouda cheese shredded
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425° then line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Cut the cauliflower head into florets then transfer to the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder then gently toss to coat.
- Roast cauliflower 15-18 minutes on a lower oven rack until tender-crisp and lightly brown on the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, melt the butter then add sour cream, softened cream cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar and 1/2 cup of the gouda cheese.
- Lightly spray a shallow casserole dish with cooking spray then add the roasted cauliflower. Add dollops of the cheese mixture to the top of the cauliflower then sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake 8-10 minutes or until golden and bubbly.Garnish (optional) with fresh chopped parsley and serve warm.
This recipe sounds so delicious and easy, as your recipes tend to be! Pinned. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day, my friend. Chat again soon!
Hey friend – you know we’re all about cheesy comfort around here and this recipe has both. Enjoy the day!
Just made this for dinner tonight and WOW. I like cauliflower, but it’s never on my grocery list. This has so much flavor and I love that the cheese topping compliments the cauliflower flavor vs covering it up. This is definitely going into my regular side rotation especially with the weather cooling off
Thank you Lauren! I’m so glad you like the recipe so much!! We loved it too – I’m going to make it again soon with a cauli-broccoli combo – or maybe just broccoli – ?? – the possibilities! I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Enjoy the day ~ Bernie