Cheesy Christmas Tree Bread – warm, buttery, garlicky pull apart bread loaded with melty cheese. Easy fun Christmas food and the perfect kick-off to the holiday season.
Irresistible warm, garlic-buttery pull-apart Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread filled with gooey, melty mozzarella cheese.
Easy Christmas Tree bread filled with its cheesy goodness is a show-stopping treat perfect for your holiday party and one the whole family will love.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- This gorgeous Christmas Tree Bread is simple to make from pre-made pizza crust and a few simple grocery store ingredients.
- Cheesy bread is popular with almost everyone so it’s a great Christmas party (or any holiday) appetizer.
- The shape of a Christmas tree makes it so festive.
- It’s even a great side dish with your Christmas dinner!
What’s in Cheesy Christmas Tree Bread RECIPE?
- refrigerator pizza dough
- parchment paper
- mozzarella cheese sticks
- grated parmesan cheese
- grated garlic
- Marinara sauce, pizza sauce and/or pesto for dipping
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY CHRISTMAS TREE BREAD:
Preheat the oven to 400° then line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
Open the tube of pizza dough and spread out on a lightly floured surface. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough into 30 squares.
Next cut the mozzarella cheese sticks into 30 (1″) approximatley equal pieces and a chunk of mozzarella to each piece of dough.
Roll the dough to form a tightly sealed ball, pinching to seal the edges.
Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet seam side down in the shape of a Christmas tree (the balls should be lightly touching).
In a small bowl, whisk the egg and water together then lightly brush with egg wash.
Bake 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Microwave butter 15-30 seconds or until melted then stir in half of the parmesan cheese and all of the garlic and herbs to the melted butter.
When the bread is finished baking, remove from the oven and use a pastry brush to brush on the herb garlic butter then sprinkle with the rest of the parm cheese.
Serve with a side of marinara, pizza sauce or pesto for dipping.
What goes with christmas bread?
This bread is a solid appetizer on its own but also goes perfectly so many entrees, including the ones below.
CAN I MAKE CHRISTMAS TREE BREAD AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! Here’s how you do it.
- Roll cheese filled balls per recipe instructions then place the balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (do NOT add the egg wash).
- Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and transfer it to the freezer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until the dough is frozen.
- Place frozen balls in a zip top bag and store in the freezer until you’re ready to bake (they take up less room this way).
- Freeze without egg wash.
- When you’re ready to bake the bread, remove the balls from the freezer and thaw on the counter about 45 minutes.
- After the dough balls are thawed, assemble the tree, brush with egg wash and bake at 350° for about 20 minutes.
Let’s cook together!
Tried this Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Bread? Leave a comment, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating and TAG ME with your photo on social media! @agoudalife or #agoudalife
Cheesy Christmas Tree Bread
- 13 ounce canned refrigerator pizza dough
- parchment paper for lining baking sheet
- 6-7 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 large egg + 1 tablespoon water for egg wash
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 jar marinara and/or pesto for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400° then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into 30 approximately equal squares then cut the mozzarella cheese sticks into 30 bite size (1 inch) pieces.
- Add a piece of mozzarella to each square of dough then form a ball, rolling with your hands to smooth and seal the edges.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet seam side down in the shape of a tree (see photos) - so the balls are touching. Blend the egg and water in a small bowl and lightly brush each ball with the egg wash.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. While the bread is baking, microwave the butter until melted then stir in half of the parmesan cheese and all of the grated garlic and herbs. Brush onto the rolls, then sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese over the top then serve right away with marinara and/or pesto for dipping.