The inspiration for this recipe is partly from many girls’ lunches and dinners at California Pizza Kitchen and one of their classics, the Avocado Club Eggroll. If you’ve never been to Cali Pizza, it’s time. The menu goes way beyond creative pizza and salads. Maybe they should change their name to California Pizza and Lots of Other Good Food Kitchen. But that’s for another post. The tasty filling for these Chicken Avocado Club Wontons is nestled in a mini wonton cup, then baked not fried so they’re a bit healthier, leaving room for wine. . .and dessert.
Have you seen the advertisements for Hidden Valley Sriracha Ranch dressing? I’m almost drooling every time I see them. Finally I bought the Sriracha Ranch and the rest of the inspiration for these Chicken Avocado Club Wontons was born.
Don’t let Chicken Avocado Club Wontons ingredient list overwhelm you. Other than the wonton wrappers, they’re common ingredients and can easily be used in other dishes.
What else would you put in a wonton wrapper?
- wonton wrappers
- cooked chicken
- (REAL) bacon bits
- lime juice
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- Hidden Valley Sriracha Ranch
Leftover or rotisserie chicken work great or one breast, cooked and finely diced (about one cup total). The chicken is blended with real bacon bits, minced onion, lime juice, cilantro, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Once this all folded in, add the tomatoes and avocado.
Line mini muffin tin cups with a wonton wrapper. Fill each cup with the chicken mixture described above (recipe below). Bake at 400° for about 8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned (times vary with each oven, so check them at 6 minutes).
Pour the Sriracha Ranch into a piping bag or sandwich baggie, clip the corner of the bag and pipe a drizzle of dressing onto each of the Chicken Avocado Club Wontons.Are we thinking alike? What else can I fill these wontons with? If you like a good corned beef sandwich, you’ve got to try my award winning Reuben Wontons. They’re really yummy ~ don’t wait until St. Patrick’s Day to try them! Like Mexican? You need these Taco Cupcakes in your life. Today.
- 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup of chicken, cooked and finely diced (1 breast, leftover or rotisserie)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of finely diced red onion
- 2 - tablespoons of fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup of REAL bacon bits (Hormel brand preferred)
- 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of avocado, diced
- 24 - square wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup of Hidden Valley Sriracha Ranch (or more to taste)
- Line a mini muffin tin with 24 square wonton wrappers.
- Cream together the cream cheese and cheddar cheese, then fold in the chicken.
- Blend in the lime juice, red onion, cilantro and bacon bits.
- Once this is thoroughly combined, fold in the tomatoes and avocado.
- Fill the wonton cups and bake about 8 minutes or until the wonton edges are lightly browned. Note: oven time may vary so check them at 6 minutes.
- Add the Hidden Valley Sriracha Ranch to a piping bag or sandwich baggie. Clip the corner and pipe the Sriracha Ranch onto each wonton.
- Serve immediately.
- Mini muffin tin is needed.