Chicken Tortellini Alfredo – easy 20 minute ONE pot recipe. This comforting weeknight meal is even better than the Panera Bread original!
I’ll admit – I have passionate love for pasta . . . especially when it’s blanketed in creamy alfredo sauce. A delicious pasta dish will always be my go-to.
Including this Chicken Tortellini Alfredo! The best part – besides the taste! – is that the total time it takes to make this easy meal is just 20 minutes.
The secret is the fresh tortellini simmers right in the alfredo sauce so no extra pot to boil the tortellini separately.
Remember the Panera Bread Chicken Tortellini Alfredo? I’d call this a copycat recipe but friends, it’s better. Way better.
Tender cheese tortellini blanketed in a creamy parmesan cheese sauce. This one pot recipe couldn’t be any simpler or taste any better.
WHAT’S IN THIS CHICKEN TORTELLINI ALFREDO RECIPE?
- fresh cheese tortellini – (found in most grocery stores)
- heavy cream
- milk (2% to whole milk can be used)
- chicken stock (can sub chicken broth)
- garlic powder
- dry Italian seasoning
- salt and black pepper
- cream cheese
- grated parmesan cheese (can also use a combination of parm and romano cheeses)
- fresh parsley chopped
- rotisserie chicken cut in bite size pieces (or leftover chicken OR skinless chicken breasts cooked)
NOTE: be sure to use fresh tortellini. Dry tortellini requires much more cooking time.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TORTELLINI ALFREDO:
To a large deep skillet or pot add the heavy cream, milk, chicken stock and butter. Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
Season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
Whisk in the cubed cream cheese stirring until melted then fold in the 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
Add the fresh uncooked tortellini gently stirring to coat then blend in the cooked chicken and parsley.
Cover simmer 4-5 minutes or until the tortellini are tender, stirring occasionally so they don’t stick to the bottom.
Taste and adjust salt and pepper then serve right away.
WHAT GOES WTH CHICKEN ALFREDO TORTELLINI?
Extra parmesan cheese – have a small bowl of parmesan cheese on the table to sprinkle on top of individual servings.
Green Beans – perfectly cooked fresh green beans in just 6 minutes without blanching or draining!
Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks – soft bread with a crispy bottom brushed with garlic-parmesan butter and finished with gooey melted mozzarella cheese.
Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli – fresh brocccoli florets air fried to tender with lightly crisp edges. No air fryer? steam or pan saute broccoli instead.
Easy Homemade Focaccia Bread – easy fresh baked made with premade pizza dough in under 30 minutes! Light and airy with rosemary, sea salt and parmesan cheese.
Your favorite white wine!
VARIATIONS TO THIS RECIPE:
- Go meatless and leave the chicken out.
- Add shrimp for Seafood Alfredo.
- Saute mushrooms or zucchini and add to the dish
- Wilt in some fresh spinach. It adds nutrition and color and little ones will never know it’s in there.
- Top the finished dish with bread crumbs and pop under the broiler 1-2 minutes until golden.
LOOKING FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES?
20 Minute Italian Sausage Tortellini – ONE pan, 20 minutes – cheese tortellini, crumbled Italian sausage, tomatoes, spinach and parmesan cheese in a creamy sauce.
Honey Balsamic Pork Tenderloin (another 20 minute recipe!) – tender, juicy pork tenderloin with an irresistible honey balsamic (savory-sweet) glaze.
Buffalo Chicklen Mac and Cheese (use rotisserie or leftover chicken) – elbow macaroni in a creamy, spicy 3-cheese sauce with chicken. Garnish with bacon, blue cheese and a drizzle of ranch dressing.One pot + 30 minutes.
Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff – not your mama’s Hamburger Helper! Cooks all in ONE POT with ground beef, fresh mushrooms and egg noodles in a rich creamy sour cream sauce.
If you tried this Chicklen Tortellini Alfredo recipe or any other on the blog then I hope you’ll leave a comment and some stars!
20 Minute Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
- 9 ounce package fresh cheese tortellini dry tortellini NOT recommended
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk 2% or whole milk
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken rotisserie, leftover or cook chicken breast - cut in bite size pieces
- To a large deep skillet or pot add the heavy cream, milk, chicken stock and butter. Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the cubed cream cheese stirring until melted then fold in the 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Whisk in the cubed cream cheese stirring until melted then fold in the 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese
- Add the fresh uncooked tortellini gently stirring to coat then add the cooked chicken and parsley. Cover simmer 4-5 minutes or until the tortellini are tender, stirring occasionally so they don’t stick to the bottom.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper then serve right away.