Cinnamon Honey Butter ~ creamy, lightly sweet – the ideal topping to take warm rolls, bagels, muffins and even toast to the next level!
I’ve slathered (more than) my share of Cinnamon Honey Butter on warm fresh-baked Texas Roadhouse rolls. You too? Well, isn’t it time we started enjoying this goodness at home too?
This stuff is ridiculously simple to make and will take your rolls, bagels, muffins, banana bread or even plain toast from good to fantastic.
There’s something about warm rolls and creamy butter that practically screams comfort. This butter is lightly sweet with just the right amount of cinnamon and a small pinch of salt to bring out the flavors.
Whether you make homemade bread or you’re like me and rely on the bakery or grocery store to do the heavy lifting, this butter
should needs to be slathered on it. I’m serving it at Easter this year in lieu of the traditional lamb shaped butter. It’ll be delicious with warm rolls!
What’s in Cinnamon Honey Butter?
- butter softened to room temperature
- good quality honey (I use locally sourced)
- ground cinnamon
- sea salt
- confectioners sugar
How to make Cinnamon Honey Butter from scratch:
Bring the butter to room temperature. This step is important so it blends well with the other ingredients.
In a medium bowl, combine the softened butter, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt and confectioners sugar. Using a hand mixer beat 1-2 minutes or until smooth then store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Does this butter need to be refrigerated?
I’m not a chef or any sort of expert, but I would be totally comfortable with this butter sitting on the counter before serving. Butter should spread easily so bring it to room temp before eating then store in the fridge after.
Side note – when I was a little girl butter was always left on the counter so you could spread it.
How long does Cinnamon Honey Butter last?
Cinnamon Honey Butter will last as long as the butter it started as so check the expiration date of the butter package.
If you tried this recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 1/4 pound butter softened to room temp
- 3 1/2 tablespoons good quality honey locally sourced used
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- Bring the butter to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened butter, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt and confectioners sugar. Using a hand mixer beat 1-2 minutes or until smooth then store in containers in the refrigerator. *For best flavor, use at room temp*. Smear on rolls, toast, bagels and more.