Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup ~ assembles easily in 5 minutes. Loaded with bold flavor, chunks of chicken and lots of creamy, melted cheese. Better than the restaurant version. Load it up with your favorite toppings!
We love enchiladas and order they pretty routinely in Mexican restaurants, though we’re a house divided on beef vs chicken. Since I’m doing the heavy lifting today, you can see who won. Full blown enchiladas are labor intensive. A good weekend dinner – yes but for quick weeknights, there are better options.
Creamy Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup has all the flavors of Chicken Enchiladas but you can have it prepped and ready for slow cooking in just 5 minutes. When it’s finished cooking, just shred the chicken and blend in the cheeses.
Spicy, creamy, cheesy and as easy to make as any restaurant version, but better. Way, way better.
I’m not ignoring the calendar or the fact that Thanksgiving is around the corner. But friends, we still have to eat every day until then and if we’re having out of town company, believe me we’ll be cooking after the holiday as well.
This simple, hands-off Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup has your back. That said, the best laid plans i.e. loading everything into the crockpot in the morning – sometimes fall through. If that happens, make this soup in just 20 minutes using rotisserie or leftover chicken. Boom.
What’s in Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup?
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- canned enchilada sauce
- black beans
- green chilies
- diced tomatoes
- chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh lime
- sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- cream cheese
- avocado slices or guacamole
- sour cream
- plain green yogurt
- lime wedges
How to make Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup:
Drain the corn then drain and rinse the black beans and set aside.
Add the chicken to the crockpot, season with salt and pepper then add the remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese, cream cheese and cilantro. Cover and cook on high 4- 4 1/2 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
After cooking, remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred or chop it into bite size pieces then return it to the soup. Turn the crockpot up to high then fold in both cheeses and cilantro cooking 5 minutes or until the cheeses are completely melted.
Stir to completely combine all ingredients then serve with your favorite toppings.
Other Favorite Slow Cooker Meals:
Busy days call for set it and forget it meals. Here are a few of my favorite crockpot (slow cooker) recipes:
Crockpot Ropa Vieja: Classic Cuban cuisine simplified. Bold flavored, shredded braised beef chuck roast slow cooked in a tomato herb sauce, served with rice and black beans.
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken: just 4 ingredients, and 5 minutes prep = juicy, shredded Mexican chicken for tacos, burritos or salads.
Crockpot (0r 30 Minute) Lasagna Soup: Fresh sliced mushrooms and spinach in a delicious tomato broth with ground beef and lasagna noodle bites, topped with mozzarella and ricotta cheese.
Slow Cooker Beer Braised Pulled Pork: Full-on bold barbecue flavor. Tender, juicy pulled pork braised in beer and your favorite BBQ sauce, slow simmered for the ultimate game day food.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast: Tender, juicy beef chuck roast, potatoes and carrots plus a homemade 5-star gravy. An easy, delicious fall or winter comfort meal.
If you tried this Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 10 ounce can enchilada sauce medium spice level used
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 4 ounce can green chilies
- 1 small onion chopped
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes including juices
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- juice from half of one lime
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Drain and rinse the black beans and drain the juice from the corn. Add the chicken to the crockpot, season with salt and pepper then add the remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese, cream cheese and cilantro. Cover and cook on high 4- 4 1/2 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Fritos, avocado slices, guacamole, sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, lime wedges, extra cilantro.
- When the soup is finished cooking, remove the chicken from the crockpot then shred or chop in bite size pieces and return to the pot. Increase the heat to high then fold in the cheeses and cilantro and cook (covered) 5 minutes or until the cheeses are melted. Stir to completely combine all ingredients.