Cucumber Dill Salmon ~ pan seared salmon topped with a creamy cucumber dill suace. Light, easy, healthy weeknight dinner ready in just 20 minutes.Repost: recipe remains the same.
With the holiday season coming, I really try to eat a little lighter before the onset of all the goodies. Emphasis: try.
That means incorporating recipes like this Cucumber Dill Salmon. Pan seared salmon, topped with a tangy, creamy cucumber dill sauce made all in the same skillet.
Light, easy 20 minute healthy weeknight dinner so elegant you can easily entertain with it.
A few ingredients come together to form the cucumber dill sauce ~ sour cream, heavy cream and mayonnaise are not among them.
The ingredients for this salmon are minimal and it whips up quickly but the flavor is elevated enough to entertain with.
Cucumber Dill Salmon Ingredients:
- Olive oil
- salmon filets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- English cucumber
- light (or Greek yogurt) cream cheese
- fresh dill minced
- low fat milk
Preheat the oven to 400°, then drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil into a large oven-safe skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
Pat the moisture from the salmon using a paper towel then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the salmon in the skillet face down and sear both sides. If your salmon has the skin on it, only sear the side without the skin.
Squeeze a wedge of lemon juice over the top of the salmon then transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake 6-8 minutes or until firm and cooked through then transfer the salmon to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Bake time will vary depending upon the oven and size of the filets.
On top of the stove over low-medium heat, add the cream cheese and milk to the same skillet. Season with salt and pepper then stir to combine. Cubing the cream cheese helps combine it more easily.
Once the sauce is combined, if it’s too thick add a splash more milk 1-2 tablespoons at a time.
Turn off the heat and stir in the diced cucumber and one tablespoon of dill. Spoon the sauce over the salmon then garnish with additional lemon wedges.
This restaurant quality recipe is one of my most popular recipes several years running. Enjoy with brussels sprouts or your favorite side.
Do we share a love of all things salmon?
Honey Teriyaki is fake-out fancy made all in one skillet with an over the top 4-ingredient glaze that brings all the flavor.
Craving a warm bowl of chowder? Smoked Salmon Chowder with bites of smoked salmon and tender potatoes comes together in just 30 minutes.
If you tried this Cucumber Dill Salmon recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Cucumber Dill Salmon
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3-4 6 ounce salmon filets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon cut in 6 wedges
- 1/3 cup English cucumber cut in pea size cubes
- 4 oz cream cheese light or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- 1/4 cup skim milk + an 2-3 tablespoons more skim milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using an oven-safe skillet, drizzle olive oil into the pan and warm over medium heat.
- Pat moisture from salmon using a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear the salmon on both sides (if your salmon has the skin on, sear only on side w/o skin) then squeeze the juice from one lemon wedge over the top of the salmon pieces.
- Bake the salmon 6-8 minutes or until it is firm and cooked through.
- Remove the salmon from the pan onto a serving platter and on top of the stove over low-medium heat, add the milk and cream cheese to the same skillet then season with salt and pepper.
- Using an 'S' motion, combine 1/4 cup of the skim milk and cream cheese (if the mixture is too thick, add more milk one tablespoon at a time).
- Turn off the heat and stir in the diced cucumber and ONE tablespoon of the fresh dill. Spoon the creamy dill sauce over the salmon filets.Garnish with the additional dill and serve with a lemon wedge.
- Watch the VIDEO below and see how easy this recipe is!