Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps ~ Asian seasoned ground chicken sautéed with mushrooms, green onions and water chestnuts, nestled in lettuce leaves and topped with a spicy hoisin sauce.
When I look back on old posts like this one, it reminds me of photos of me my kids find hilarious. “Those glasses ~ that hair!”.
The old photos from the original Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps post were just as awkward and cringe-worthy.
But what I had forgotten about this recipe because I hadn’t made it in a while is . . . dang! ~ it’s sooo good! I do remember how my husband and I almost arm-wrestled over the last wrap. He ended up eating it, but I would have won. I totally would have won.
There aren’t many recipes my husband and I both flip over because we have different ideas about what makes a good meal. Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps is one we both can’t get enough of.
Of course, we could go out for these little beauties because pretty much every Asian restaurant serves them. Our favorite and the inspiration behind these is P.F. Chang which are ridiculously good, though messy and definitely not first date material. Thankfully we’re long past that point.
Eating lettuce wraps at home is just the right choice and in the event you need a stain stick, it isn’t far away.
Equally as good as the flavor of these Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps is that they’re ready in just 20 minutes. Authentic Asian seasoned ground chicken sautéed with diced mushrooms and crunchy water chestnuts served up inside leaves of butter lettuce and topped with a tasty, spicy hoisin sauce . . . in 20 minutes. Did I say that already?
Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ingredients:
Salt and pepper to taste
scallions (green onions)
head of butter lettuce
sriracha (or more to taste)
Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat then add the ground chicken and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Next add the mushrooms and cook until the chicken is completely cooked through breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula.
While the chicken is cooking, whisk the sauce ingredients in a bowl. This is what will add all that tasty flavor to the chicken.
When the chicken is finished cooking, fold in the sauce, water chestnuts, scallions and cilantro then cook over low heat for 5 minutes continuing to break up any larger pieces of chicken.
Add a couple of heaping tablespoons of chicken filling to lettuce cup then as much Spicy Topping as you’d like. They’re also really good with just a little soy sauce on top.
Lettuce wraps can be served as appetizers or alone for a lighter dinner. You could even set up a lettuce wrap bar at your next get together. Keep chicken warm in a slow cooker and let guests can serve themselves. How easy is that!
Craving more Asian recipes?
Easy Chicken Pad Thai is made all in one pot with spicy, authentic flavors from simple grocery store ingredients.
Check out the VIDEO BELOW to see how Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are made!
If you tried this Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe or any other on the blog, don’t forget to leave a comment or star rating ~ I love hearing from you!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounce water chestnuts canned
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- Drizzle the olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground chicken to the hot oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the chicken is completely cooked through (5-7) while breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Whisk the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, add the sauce, water chestnuts, scallions and cilantro. Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes while breaking up any large pieces of chicken.
- Meanwhile prepare the topping.
- To assemble, add a couple of heaping tablespoons of the chicken filling to the lettuce cup and some of the topping (or just soy sauce).