Easy Chicken Pad Thai ~ better than take-out! Quick, easy authentic recipe that’s ready in under 30 minutes and cooks completely in one pot!
It feels like actual spring is never going to get here. 60 one day, 35 the next. Ugh. It’s the kind of weather that demands a warm, cozy blanket and comfort food like Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy or this Easy Chicken Pad Thai.
This dish whips up in under 30 minutes with authentic Asian flavor. Rice noodles, tender bites of chicken and veggies in a spicy sauce garnished with fresh cilantro, green onions, chopped nuts and wedges of lime.
I already have comfy pants on. Chances are good it’ll be a Netflix night.
Heads up ~ this recipe is an Americanized version that is still ripe with authentic Asian flavor. I wanted to create an easy, at-home recipe that didn’t call for a lot of specialty ingredients.
There’s little chopping required – another way it’s on the table so quickly!
What’s in easy chicken pad thai:
- boneless chicken
- vegetable or canola oil
- red bell pepper
- bean sprouts
- rice noodles
- green onions
how to make easy chicken pad thai:
Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Rinse in cold water, drain then toss in one tablespoon of oil and set aside.
In the same pot heat one tablespoon of oil then add the chicken, bell pepper and grated garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste then cook 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a bowl then set aside.
When the chicken is finished cooking, move it to the edges of the pot, whisk the eggs in a small bowl then pour them into the pot quickly scrambling until they’re completely scrambled.
Next pour the sauce and noodles into the pot then toss until the noodles are evenly coated.
Fold in the cilantro and bean sprouts then simmer 2-3 minutes over medium heat or until the sauce thickens.
Garnish with green onions, chopped peanuts and lime wedges then serve right away.
Love one pan meals?
Here are a couple of favorites in our house.
If you tried this Easy Chicken Pad Thai recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Easy Chicken Pad Thai
Chicken Pad Thai Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken cut in bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons very thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic , grated
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup cilantro , finely chopped
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 green onions sliced on an angle for garnish
- 3 tablespoons peanuts rough chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 limes (one juiced, one cut in wedges)
- In the same pot, heat the vegetable oil, add the chicken and season it with salt and pepper then drop in the bell pepper and grate in the garlic.
- Cook the noodles in a large pot according to package directions. When they’re just shy of al dente, drain them and set them aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk the sauce ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, move it to the outer edges of the pan, whisk the eggs and pour them into the pot quickly scrambling until they’re cooked through.
- Blend the chicken and eggs together, then add the noodles and pour the sauce into the pot, coating the noodle mixture.
- Next toss in the cilantro and bean sprouts, stirring and cook 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Garnish with green onions and chopped peanuts.