Easy Chicken Pad Thai
Easy Chicken Pad Thai: delicious spicy authentic flavors all made in one pot with simple everyday ingredients.
It feels like it’s been raining for 40 days and 40 nights straight. The kind of weather that demands a warm, cozy blanket and comfort food like meatloaf and mushroom gravy or this Easy Chicken Pad Thai ~ rice noodles and tender chicken pieces bathed in a spicy Asian sauce with fresh lime and cilantro along with bean sprouts and garnished with chopped peanuts.
Tonight I’m opting for Pad Thai because I have a knack for turning a simple meal like meatloaf into a sink full of pots and pans; something I’m just not in the mood for. Easy Chicken Pad Thai is cooked completely in just one pot. I already have my sweatpants on; chances are good it’ll be a Netflix night.
Heads up ~ this recipe is an Americanized version because I wanted to create an easy, at-home recipe that didn’t call for a lot of special ingredients I’d only use little bit of.
Everything in this Easy Chicken Pad Thai can be found at your favorite grocery store and when they’re all combined create authentic Asian flavors.
It’s simple to make, requires little chopping and is ideal for weeknight dinners when time is short.
It’s so good I can’t help but taste it right out of the pot. It’s also a really great meal to entertain with because not only is it budget friend, but it doesn’t leave you alone in the kitchen for long periods while your guests are having good time.
Easy Chicken Pad Thai Ingredients:
- boneless chicken
- vegetable oil
- red bell pepper
- bean sprouts
- rice noodles
- green onions
Chicken Pad Thai Sauce Ingredients:
Cook the noodles in a large pot according to package directions. When they’re just shy of al dente, drain them and set them aside. In the same pot, heat the vegetable oil, add the chicken and season it with salt and pepper.
While the chicken is cooking whisk the sauce ingredients together in a medium size bowl then when the chicken is finished cooking, move it to the outer edges of the pan, whisk the eggs and pour them into the pot quickly scrambling until they’re cooked through.
Blend the chicken and eggs together, then add the noodles to the pot and pour the sauce over the top of the noodles, stirring to coat them.
Next toss in the cilantro and bean sprouts, combining everything and simmer 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat or until the sauce thickens. Garnish with green onions and chopped peanuts and serve with lime wedges.
Looking for other one-pan meals? Here are a couple of favorites in our house.
If you tried this recipe or any other on the blog, don’t forget to leave a comment or star rating ~ I love hearing from you!
Chicken Pad Thai Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken cut in bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons very thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic , grated
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup cilantro , finely chopped
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 green onions sliced on an angle for garnish
- 3 tablespoons peanuts rough chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 limes (one juiced, one cut in wedges)
- In the same pot, heat the vegetable oil, add the chicken and season it with salt and pepper then drop in the bell pepper and grate in the garlic.
- Cook the noodles in a large pot according to package directions. When they’re just shy of al dente, drain them and set them aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk the sauce ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, move it to the outer edges of the pan, whisk the eggs and pour them into the pot quickly scrambling until they’re cooked through.
- Blend the chicken and eggs together, then add the noodles and pour the sauce into the pot, coating the noodle mixture.
- Next toss in the cilantro and bean sprouts, stirring and cook 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Garnish with green onions and chopped peanuts.
- Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe from A Gouda Life kitchen - […] Chicken Pad Thai is made all in one pot with spicy, authentic flavors from simple grocery store […]