Easy Dill Dip with Greek yogurt and more than 14 grams of protein per serving! Delicious, light and healthy. This creamy herb dip is ideal with fresh vegetables, potato chips, pretzels or even with baked potatoes.
This recipe is a loose translation of my sister-in-law’s family favorite Dill Dip.
I created a healthier version and I’ve subbed in a couple of everyday spices instead of Beaumonde, lightened up the mayo and sour cream and bulked up the protein with fat-free Greek yogurt.
The result is a whopping 14 grams of protein per serving. After repeated testing on my kids (who are brutally honest) – the empty bowl told me all I needed to know.
This easy vegetable (and chip!) dip is light, healthy and loaded with delicious dill flavor. It’s creamy with a slight tang from a splash of pickle juice.
If you’re looking for a light appetizer or snack that’s loaded with taste, this is it.
what makes this dip so healthy?
- The main ingredient is fat-free plain Greek yogurt. Yes – it also contains light mayonnaise and light sour cream for taste but it’s lower in calories and fat than the original recipe.
- 14 grams of protein per serving!
- It contains simple grocery store ingredients without added preservatives.
- This dip is ideal with fresh chopped vegetables but also delicious with potato chips and pretzels.
What’s in this easy dill dip?
- fat free plain Greek yogurt
- light mayonnaise
- light sour cream
- dry dill weed
- garlic power
- onion powder
- dill pickle juice (the stuff in your jar of pickles!)
You can use fresh herbs in this recipe but dry herbs keep the recipe simple because they’re convenient and I always have them on hand.
do dry herbs go bad?
Dried herbs and spices don’t ‘go bad’ like other foods but they can definitely overstay their welcome. Past their time, they’ll lose their color, flavor and potency. If the aroma is weak and the color is dull, it’s probably time to replace it.
how to make easy dill dip with greek yogurt:
This part couldn’t be any easier.
Add all the ingredients to a medium size bowl then whisk to combine everything. Taste and adjust for salt then cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat. That’s it.
how to serve dill dip:
This dip is so delicious you may want to eat it with a spoon but here are few other ideas:
- cut up bright colored vegetables
- potato chips
- dolloped on a baked potato
Looking for more easy, healthy dip recipes?
Tzatziki – authentic Greek recipe with plain Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon and dill. This fresh, healthy dip is delicious with pita bread and fresh vegetables or as a sauce with chicken, meat and seafood.
Hummus – creamy homemade hummus without tahini. Garlic and lemon flavor – you’re just 6 ingredients and 10 minutes away from this dip. Watch the VIDEO!
Garlic Feta Dip – easy, creamy 10 minute Greek-inspired dip with the bold flavors of garlic and feta balanced with fresh lemon and dill. Serve with toasted pita and bright fresh vegetables.
If you tried this Easy Dill Dip recipe or any other on the blog then I hope you’ll leave a comment and some stars!
Easy (Skinny) Dill Dip with Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt1/4 cup light mayonnaise1/4 cup light sour cream1 tablespoondry dill weed1/2 teaspoon garlic power1/2 teaspoon onion powder2 tablespoons dill pickle juice1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt fat free used
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dry dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice from the pickle jar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a medium size bowl then whisk to combine everything. Taste and adjust for salt then cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat.