Easy Ground Beef Chili
Easy Ground Beef Chili ~ loaded with ground beef, beans and bold, spicy flavor. Quick stove top AND slow cooker recipe options.
It’s the start of fall which means, among other things, pots of Easy Ground Beef Chili. There are quick and easy stove top instructions as well as slow cooker to make at your option.
I’ve been making Easy Ground Beef Chili for such a long time I don’t even look at a recipe any more. I’ve tweaked it over the years until it’s about as close to perfection as a bowl of chili can be. Once fall hits, it’s always in the dinner rotation. It’s a quick, but hearty and warming weeknight dinner and the additional ingredients make it so delicious it almost takes its own victory lap.
Not only is this recipe a great dinner option, but I like to make a batch of these chili and freeze it in individual containers for lunch. I’ve also included both stove top and slow cooker recipe instructions so choose whatever suits you best.
What’s in this chili?
- olive oil
- ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- fresh jalapeno
- McCormick chili seasoning
- tomato sauce
- canned diced tomatoes
- kidney beans
- white vinegar
- lime juice
How to make Easy Ground Beef Chili:
Drizzle the olive oil in a large pot and once it’s hot add the ground beef and season it with salt and pepper. Sear the beef over medium-high heat then add the onions, celery and jalapeno lowering the heat to medium and continuing to cook, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Once the beef is browned and the veggies are tender, drain any excess fat then add the package of McCormick chili spice, drained beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, lime juice and white vinegar. The last two ingredients may seem odd, but trust me ~ together they elevate the flavors of this simple recipe.
Cover and simmer about half an hour over low heat about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Last fold in the cilantro then cover and cook another 5 minutes.
Topping possibilities are endless but here’s a few suggestions: sour cream, avocado, shredded cheese, crackers, corn muffins or even Fritos.
If you like chicken chili, this one is my favorite!
If you tried this recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound ground chuck
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 fresh jalapeno minced (seeds/stems removed
- 1 packet McCormick Chili Seasoning
- 1 28 ounce tomato sauce
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce cans kidney beans one light, one dark drained NOT rinsed
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- juice from half of one lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Drizzle the olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat and once it’s hot add the ground beef then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onions, celery and jalapeno, lower the heat to medium and continuing cooking until the beef is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Drain any excess fat then add the package of McCormick chili spice, both cans of drained beans, vinegar and lime juice. Cover and cook over low heat 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally then fold in the cilantro, cover and cook another 5 minutes.
- Optional: toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado. Serve with crackers, fritos or cornbread.
OPTIONAL SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Follow the first two instructions then transfer the beef to a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients through cilantro then cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 4-5 hours.
- Best Salisbury Steak ~ beef patties in rich mushroom gravy ~ A Gouda Life - […] it before. Sear the meat then scrape up any ‘brown bits’. I even used this tip for Easy Spicy…
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese with bacon ~ A Gouda Life - […] Classic Spicy Ground Beef Chili: Packed with ground beef, beans and bold, spicy flavor. Quick stove top and slow…