Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia Bread Recipe – unbelievably easy fresh baked focaccia bread in under 30 minutes! Light and airy, topped with olive oil, fresh rosemary, a sprinkle of sea salt and parmesan cheese. The ideal side or sandwich bread!
I know, I know – I should be thinking about salads and Keto and low-carb but when it’s this cold outside my mind automatically moves to comfort. Besides there’s always a time when we
want need warm fresh bread to go with a meal.
Even better when it’s ready in under 30 minutes – and did I mention this Focaccia Bread Recipe has just 5 ingredients?
I’m going to let you in on what may be the best ever life hack ever and the reason I can make fresh baked focaccia bread in under 30 minutes.
This Focaccia Bread Recipe starts with premade pizza dough. Seriously.
What’s in this Focaccia Bread Recipe?
- packaged premade pizza crust dough
- olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh rosemary
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
How do I make Focaccia Bread?
Preheat the oven to 400° then finely chop the rosemary, reserving a few smaller sprigs of it.
Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil onto a large baking sheet then spread it over the entire sheet using your fingers.
Unwrap the pizza dough and flatten onto the baking sheet then use your fingers to poke deep dents all the way down to the baking sheet all over the surface of the dough.
Drizzle 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons over olive oil over the dough then sprinkle the rosemary and sea salt evenly over the top. Add the rosemary sprigs and bake 15-18 minutes until the bread is a light golden color.
Remove the bread from the oven, sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top then drizzle a little more olive oil over it. Slice and serve warm.
What do you serve with Focaccia Bread?
It also makes a really good sandwich bread with pesto, mozzarella cheese, roasted vegetables or cured meats.
What are some other toppings for this bread?
If you’re wondering what true Italians (and those of us who eat like them) add to this bread, there are so many options!
My favorite is rosemary and parmesan cheese but if you don’t care for rosemary, sage is a good substitute. Other toppings include olives, mushrooms, sautéed onions, roasted garlic and even tomatoes.
How long will this bread stay fresh?
Focaccia Bread will stay fresh for 2 days stored at room temperature and covered with plastic wrap. You can also reheat the bread in a 350° oven for about 5 minutes.
Can I freeze this bread?
You sure can. Freeze any leftover Focaccia Bread by first wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap then into a freezer safe bag or container. Defrost at room temperature then warm in a 325° oven about 5 minutes or until warmed through. The bread will keep in the freezer about 1 month.
If you tried this Focaccia Bread recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
- 13.8 ounce packaged premade pizza dough
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided + more for drizzling after baking
- sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped + several small sprigs
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° then finely chop the rosemary, reserving a few small sprigs.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil onto a large baking sheet then spread it over the entire sheet using your fingers.
- Unwrap the pizza dough and flatten onto the baking sheet then use your fingers to poke deep dents all the way down to the baking sheet over the surface of the dough.
- Drizzle 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons over olive oil over the dough then sprinkle the rosemary and sea salt evenly over the top. Add the small sprigs and bake 15-18 minutes or until the bread is a light golden color.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the parmesan cheese over top then drizzle a little more olive oil. Slice and serve warm.