Layered Greek Dip – a fresh Greek twist on the classic 7 layer dip. Easy, make ahead with hummus, tzatziki, tomatoes, crisp cucumber, briny kalamata olives, feta and dill.
This is one of my favorite party dips. I’ve made this delicious dip so many times and the combination of flavors of the Mediterranean make it a consistent hit.
It’s an easy recipe you can make ahead of time and when guests arrive serve with some warm pita bread. . . oh and did I mention – it’s one of my favorite appetizer recipes?
I could make a meal out of appetizers – with this tasty Greek Layered Dip at the top of the list. Some warm naan or pita bread and that’s pretty much all I need. Oh – maybe a glass of wine too!
What’s in a LAYERED GREEK DIP?
This easy layered Greek dip is 7 layers of deliciousness.
- Hummus (store bought OR homemade with canned garbanzo beans)
- Tzatziki (my homemade Tzatziki recipe OR buy one of the good quality ones at the store)
- Grape Tomatoes quartered
- Finely diced cucumber
- Kalamata olives sliced
- Crumbled Feta cheese
- Fresh dill
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THIS greek layered dip:
On a plate or shallow pan (such as a pie plate), spread a layer of hummus then add tzatziki on top of the hummus.
Dab the diced tomatoes and finely chopped cucumber with paper towels to remove any excess moisture then scatter them over the tzatziki.
Top with sliced Kalamata olives, crumbed Feta and finish with a sprinkle of fresh dill.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15 minutes up to overnight.
what to serve with layered greek diP:
- Toasted pita or naan bread
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh veggies
- Grilled chicken or a Greek Salad for a lighter meal/lunch
some delicious options to vary THIS RECIPE:
Once you’ve made the original recipe, try changing it up with some ingredients you may already have in your fridge:
- Add finely chopped red onion or green onions
- Diced red bell pepper
- Switch up the fresh herbs
- Fresh mint
- Sprinkle of Greek seasoning
- Fresh Parsley
- Grate lemon zest over the top of finished dip
LOOKING FOR MORE GREEK RECIPES?
Garlic Feta Dip – easy, creamy 10 minute Greek-inspired dip with the flavors of garlic and feta balanced with fresh lemon and dill. Serve with toasted pita and bright fresh vegetables.
Greek Nacho – layers of toasted pita, seasoned chicken, Tzatziki, sautéed peppers and onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese.
Grilled Mediterranean Salmon Kabobs – skewered salmon cubes and vegetables grilled and basted with a bright lemony garlic-herb sauce.
Greek Stuffed Peppers – made with ground turkey, lamb OR beef plus orzo, feta cheese, spinach and chickpeas baked in bright colored bell peppers and a Greek-style tomato-herb sauce.
Tzatziki – with finely diced cucumbers, dill, lemon and a hint of garlic. Use any plain Greek yogurt from full-fat to fat-free.
If you tried this Greek Layered Dip or any recipe other on the blog, I’d love it if you’d leave a comment or star rating on the recipe card!
Greek Layered Dip
- 1 cup hummus
- 3/4 cup tzatziki
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese or more to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- On a plate or shallow pan (such as a pie plate), spread a layer of hummus then add tzatziki on top of the hummus.
- Dab the diced tomatoes and finely chopped cucumber with paper towels to remove any excess moisture then scatter them over the tzatziki.
- Top with sliced Kalamata olives, crumbed Feta and finish with a sprinkle of fresh dill.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15 minutes up to overnight.
- Serve with toasted naan or pita.