Greek Layered Appetizer ~ hummus, tzatziki, olives and feta layered for a simple, healthy dip. Add chicken for a light entrée.
A weekend in Northern Michigan for a girls’ wine weekend meant lots of laughs and good food. Everyone brought their favorite wine, dishes to share and . . . I did mention wine? There was plenty.
Chips and dip and sheet pans of pizza rolls with ranch dressing were brought out for late nights. We could have used a healthy appetizer like this Greek Layered Dip. I guess that’s why there’s “next time”.
After days of heavy food and not enough sleep, this Greek Layered Appetizer with toasted naan bread and fresh colorful veggies was just what I needed when I got home.
What’s in a Greek Layered Appetizer?
It’s an easy appetizer but with some grilled or baked chicken, it easily converts to a meal. I’ve made this dip many times over the years and it’s always the first one to go at a party.
On a plate or shallow pan, spread a layer of hummus then top evenly with tzatziki. Scatter the diced tomatoes, sliced Kalamata olives, crumbed Feta and a sprinkle of fresh dill and refrigerate at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
If you’re hosting a party, make this dip the day before and put it out when guests arrive.
I like to toast the pita or naan bread on a baking sheet, lightly spraying cut pieces with cooking spray and sprinkling with sea salt. They get warm and lightly crisp in about 5-8 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
- Appetizer with toasted pita and fresh vegetables.
- With grilled chicken for a lighter meal.
- As a healthy light lunch.
Do we share a love of Greek food?
Garlic Feta Dip is another easy, healthy recipe made with plain Greek yogurt, Feta cheese and zesty garlic. Still craving more? How about a Greek Nacho ~ layers of toasted pita, seasoned chicken, Tzatziki, sautéed peppers and onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese. Appetizer or meal? Your choice!
If you tried this Greek Layered Dip or any recipe other on the blog, I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating on the recipe card!
Greek Layered Dip
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 - cup tzatziki
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese or more to taste
- optional: pita or naan bread and fresh vegetables
- On a plate or shallow pan, spread a layer of hummus. Top evenly with tzatziki then scatter diced fresh tomatoes, sliced Kalamata olives, crumbed Feta and a sprinkle of fresh dill. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Cut the pita or naan bread into triangles and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the bread with cooking spray, sprinkle with sea salt and bake 6-8 minutes or until warm and lightly crisp.