Grilled Spicy Chicken Wings
Wing eaters fall into one of two categories: drummy or flapper. In our house, it works out perfectly because I fall squarely in Camp Drummy. My husband is a Flapper Guy, though if there’s an extra drummy or two, he won’t let them escape. I love sweet-spicy wings and the inspiration for these Grilled Spicy Chicken Wings came from extra bottles of Jack Daniels I found one day at home. We don’t drink JD, but my daughter created a recipe a while back for Jack Daniels Brownies that she sometimes makes at our house ~ moist, fudgy brownies with a salted caramel drizzle ~ and the bottles ended up being left behind. It’s literally impossible to stop at one of these brownies! I keep “encouraging” her to guest blog this recipe ~ maybe a little nudge from you would help. I have no shame…
So between us, where did summer go? I feel like it just started last week and it’s almost Labor Day already. Do you have any Labor Day traditions? For us, it’s a sign the boat will be put away for the season before long. Sometimes it means one last big get-together before everyone goes back to a scheduled sort of life and of course fall brings a different menu, too.
But before we turn the page on another season, let’s fire up those grills and feast ~ and I do mean feast on these delicious Grilled Spicy Chicken Wings.
Start by blending a dry seasoning:
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- ground cayenne (OPTIONAL if you prefer extra heat)
Here are the ingredients for the Jack Daniels sauce:
- jack daniels
- frank’s buffalo sauce
- soy sauce
Add the butter to the saucepan first and once it’s melted, blend in the remaining ingredients. Simmer over low heat 8-10 minutes. The Jack Daniels adds richness and a depth of flavor to the sauce.
Gather the wings in a good size bowl. Drizzle a tablespoon or so of olive oil over them and using your hands turn them around a few times, making sure they all get oiled.
Sprinkle the seasoning mix on the wings and continue mixing with your hands until they’re coated.
Grill the wings over medium heat 20-25 minutes, turning until golden brown and cooked through. About 15 minutes into grilling, start basting them with the sauce and continue basting until the wings are finished.
Deep fried wings are good, but with the remaining bits of summer, this recipe will take you out of the kitchen and able to enjoy the outdoors or even turn the grilling reins over to someone else!
Easy Grilled Spicy Chicken Wings with a sweet-spicy Jack Daniels sauce. Don’t let summer pass without making this one!
What recipes will you make for the upcoming Labor Day weekend?
- 2 - tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of Jack Daniels
- 1/4 cup of Frank's buffalo sauce
- 2 - tablespoons of honey
- 1 - tablespoon of soy sauce
- 12-16 chicken wings, combination of drummy or flappers
- Olive oil ( approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 1 - tablespoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- pinch of ground cayenne (OPTIONAL if you prefer extra heat)
- Begin by making the sauce.
- Add the butter to the saucepan first and once it’s melted, blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer over low heat 8-10 minutes.
- Blend the dry seasoning.
- Add the wings to a bowl and drizzle a tablespoon or so of olive oil over them.
- Using your hands turn them around a few times, making sure they all get oiled.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix on the wings and continue mixing with your hands until they’re coated.
- Grill the wings over medium heat 20-25 minutes, turning until golden brown and cooked through. About 15 minutes into the grilling process start basting the wings with the sauce and continue basting until the wings are finished.
- Chicken Wing Recipes - 70+ Recipes For Any Sporting Event! - […] Grilled Spicy Chicken Wings – A Gouda Life […]
- Boozy Brownies ~ salted caramel fudgy brownies ~ A Gouda Life - […] used the leftover Jack Daniels for these Grilled Spicy Chicken Wings. […]