What’s not to love about a tasty appetizer served in a neat little cup. The only bad thing I can say about them is that they disappear so quickly! Appetizers are my favorite way to eat. Not only are these Grilled Spicy Shrimp Cups with Pineapple Aioli mouth-wateringly delicious, but there’s no messy look to them like you may see with a layered dip after the second or third dipper ~ broken chips ~ pooled liquid. Grilled Spicy Shrimp Cups with Pineapple Aioli are fast to make and with this easy to follow recipe, you’ll be munching in no time. Spicy shrimp topped with sweet-tangy pineapple aioli all nestled in scooped tortilla chips.
Mix the aioli ingredients together and refrigerate until you’re ready to assemble (it can also be made the day before).
Combine the marinade ingredients in a large zip top bad, add the shrimp and marinate 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
Preheat the grill to about 400 degrees, oil the grates and grill the shrimp about 2 minutes per side. NOTE: A grill basket is recommended, but if you don’t have one, they can also be skewered.
After grilling, allow the shrimp to cool slightly, to room temperature and begin assembly.
To assemble, add a dollop of aioli to the cup then top with the grilled shrimp.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve!
Summer entertaining really can be this easy. Enjoy!
- 1 pound 21-25 size shrimp
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/2 T garlic powder
- 1 T black pepper
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice from half of a lime
- 1/2 C mayonnaise (full fat or light, your choice)
- 1/2 C crushed pineapple, drained
- Juice from 1" lime wedge
- 1 T fresh minced cilantro + extra for garnish
- 1 T honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix aioli ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate while you make the shrimp. Can also be made the day before.
- Mix marinade ingredients in large zip-lock bag. Add shrimp and marinate 5-10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- On a pre-heated grill (approx. 350 degrees), grill the shrimp approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
- NOTE: A grill basket is recommended if you have one. They can also be skewered and grilled.
- After grilling, allow the shrimp to cool slightly, to room temperature and begin assembly.
- Lay the tortilla scoop chips on your plate or serving platter.
- Place a dollop of Pineapple Aioli into the chip.
- Gently top each with a spicy shrimp.
- Garnish with minced cilantro.
Check out the extraordinary recipes below for your next pool party all from the Sunday Supper family:
Refreshing Beverages and Cocktails:
- Beermosas by eating in instead
- Cantaloupe Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Classic Spanish Sangria by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums by Whole Food | Real Families
- Lime and Ginger Cordial by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Minted Limeade with Vodka by Our Good Life
- Mojito Slush by Life Tastes Good
- Pear and Cranberry Orange Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pool Water by From Gate to Plate
- Sparkling Mermaid Lemonade by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Appealing Appetizers and Snacks:
- Chip and Dip Sunflowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggplant, Spinach and White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli by A Gouda Life
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Corn and Pepper Guacamole by The Redhead Baker
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tropical Fruit Quesadillas by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Zesty Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail by The Weekend Gourmet
Super Sides and Salads:
- BLT Pasta Salad by A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Mexican Three Bean Salad by Tasting Page
- Olive Tomato Salad by Magnolia Days
- Superfood Crunch Salad by Food Done Light
- Tuna Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Watermelon Brie Salad by Brunch with Joy
Tempting Desserts and Sweets:
- 5 Fantastic Frozen Fruit Pops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Butter Pecan M&M’s Magic Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cherry Crumb Cake by Pies and Plots
- Swim Ring Cakes by The Freshman Cook
- Under the Sea Dessert by Feeding Big
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Itâ€™s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.