Honey Teriyaki Glazed Salmon ~ pan seared flaky salmon with an easy, outrageously good 5-ingredient honey teriyaki glaze. Cooks all in one skillet in 20 minutes!
A while back my husband and I along with our good friends chartered a boat and captain to take us salmon fishing on Lake Michigan. The captain supplied everything from the boat to the bait, rods and reels and most important,but above all, the expertise on how to catch salmon.
With about 20 pounds of fresh fish in the freezer, we had it coming out of our gills. Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Trust me – the recipes is way better than the jokes.
Honey Teriyaki Glazed Salmon is pan seared for a lightly crisp outside and cooked until flaky inside with a tangy-sweet glaze over all of it. Plus, the whole thing cooks in one pan in just 20 minutes!
I try to eat salmon once a week. There are all kinds of ways you can cook it, including this Cucumber Dill Salmon, a popular recipe on the blog.
Honey Teriyaki Glazed Salmon goes really well with a side of rice and maybe some pineapple chunks if you happen to have it. A baked potato or crispy slaw would be good too.
What’s in Honey Teriyaki Salmon?
- salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- teriyaki sauce
- ground ginger
- lime juice
How to make Honey Teriyaki Salmon:
Whisk the glaze ingredients together in a bowl then set it aside.
Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper then brush the salmon with the glaze.
Heat the oil in a large skillet then add the salmon to the hot skillet glaze side down and cook the salmon for 3-4 minutes or until you have a nice sear on it.
Turn the salmon over and brush the opposite side with the glaze then pour any remaining glaze around the sides of the salmon in the skillet. Reduce the heat and continue cooking 4-6 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through then serve right away.
Is salmon healthy?
Yes! Salmon is a healthy fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids which is thought to help reduce blood pressure, lessen inflammation and help protect against some cancers.
Salmon is also full of protein and vitamins and is said to help brain function, immunity and promotes strong bones.
If you tried this Honey Teriyaki Glazed Salmon recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
- 2 salmon fillets 6 ounces each
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- Whisk the glaze ingredients together in a bowl then set it aside.
- Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper then brush the salmon with the glaze.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet then add the salmon to the hot skillet glaze side down and cook the salmon on the first side for 3-4 minutes or until it’s nicely seared.
- Turn the salmon over and brush the opposite side with the glaze then pour any remaining glaze around the sides of the salmon in the skillet. Continue cooking 4-6 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through then serve right away.