Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip ~ warm creamy cheese, fresh jalapeno and crispy bacon appetizer. Quick and easy to make loaded with your favorite jalapeno popper flavors.
In my book, there are three main ingredients that come together for the perfect dip:
- spicy heat
- lots of cheese
- crispy bacon
This Jalapeno Popper Dip has all three and is loaded with your favorite jalapeno popper flavors but in dip form. This appetizer is simple enough to make in just minutes and is a proven crowd pleaser.
We eat a lot of spicy food and cheese in our house so this dip was a no-brainer. It covers both bases and the fact that it also has crispy bacon makes it that much better. Bacon makes everything better!
Whether you’re tuned into the Super Bowl for the actual game or you’re just there to socialize and check out all the tasty food and top notch commercials, I urge you to give this dip a try.
Jalapeno Popper Dip whips up quickly and bakes in a few minutes until it’s hot and bubbly with gooey melted cheese just waiting for your favorite dipping vessel.
What’s in this Jalapeno Popper Dip?
- cooking spray
- cream cheese
- sour cream or plain Green yogurt
- canned diced green chilies
- sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Monterey jack cheese shredded
- fresh jalapenos minced (seeds and membranes removed for less heat)
- cooked crumbled bacon
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Optional garnishes: cooked crumbled bacon, cilantro, sliced jalapenos
How to make Jalapeno Popper Dip:
Preheat the oven to 400° then lightly spray a small baking dish with cooking spray.
Microwave the butter in a small bowl to melt then add the panko breadcrumbs, stirring lightly to combine and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, Monterey, bacon and jalapeno blending with a hand mixer until combined. Tip: Softened cream cheese will blend much easier than chilled.
Transfer the dip to the prepared baking dish smoothing the top with a spoon, then sprinkle with Panko breadcrumb topping.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until the top is golden and the edges of the dip bubbly then (optional) garnish with bacon, diced cilantro and jalapeno and serve right away.
Can you make this dip ahead of time?
Yes – you can make this dip ahead of time. Combine the dip ingredients in a bowl then cover and store in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
When it’s party time, bring the dip to room temp on the counter (about 15 minutes) then bake according to the directions.
What do I eat with my Jalapeno Popper Dip?
Scoop the dip with your favorite tortilla chips, corn chips, crackers or sliced baguette.
Here are a few of my other favorite appetizers:
Cowboy Queso: Warm spicy dip with 2 kinds of cheese, chorizo sausage, black beans, corn, tomatoes, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Serve with tortilla chips.
Salsa Verde Dip with chicken: loaded with bites of chicken, gooey melted cheese and tangy, zesty tomatillo flavor. Quick, easy and just 5 ingredients!
Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket: The #1 recipe on the blog right now! Mini smoked sausages wrapped in warm, flaky, golden crescent dough filled with two kinds of cheese, spicy jalapenos and crispy bacon bits.
If you tried this Jalapeno Popper Dip recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
- cooking spray
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounce can green chilies diced
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh jalapenos minced with seeds/membranes removed
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon may use packaged bacon bits/pieces
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
Optional garnishes: Optional garnishes: cooked crumbled bacon, cilantro, sliced jalapenos
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees then lightly spray a small baking dish (should hold at least 3 cups).
- Melt butter in a small bowl then add the panko breadcrumbs, stirring lightly to combine then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, Monterey, bacon and jalapeno blending with a hand mixer until combined.
- Transfer the dip to the prepared baking dish smoothing the top with a spoon then sprinkle with Panko topping.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the top is golden and the dip bubbly. Garnish with bacon, diced cilantro and sliced jalapeno and serve right away with tortilla chips, crackers or sliced baguette.