Korean Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps – 15 minutes meal! Spicy ground beef sautéed with green onions and match stick carrots nestled in lettuce leaves and drizzled with a spicy-sweet sauce.
My entry is this 15 minute, super easy Asian-inspired Ground Beef Korean Lettuce Wraps. Korean seasoned ground beef and vegetables nestled in a lettuce leaf drizzled with a spicy sauce and crushed peanuts.
Layers of bold flavor with a spice level you control. If you’ve been wanting to try Korean food at home, this simple 15 minute recipe is the place to start.
I chose ground beef for this recipe because it’s affordable and quick enough for weeknights – just 15 minutes! This recipe is also great for easy entertaining with a self-serve Korean Lettuce Wrap bar for guests to help themselves.
About Lucky Foods:
Lucky Foods is family owned and operated, led by two generations of women. They started with spring rolls and expanded to the full line of family favorites you see today. Simple ingredients, layers of complex flavors for quick, easy recipes.
What is Kalbi Sauce?
Kalbi sauce is a Korean BBQ sauce and a staple in Korean cooking. It’s delicious blend of sweet, savory and ginger can be used as a marinade, added to stir fry or to ramp up the flavor of plain ground beef like we’re doing today.
What is Gochujang?
Another staple in Korean cooking, Gochujang is concentrated red chili paste spice. It’s smoky, spicy and packs the heat so start slowly – you can always add more.
best lettuce for Korean ground beef lettuce wraps:
Butter lettuce is the ideal lettuce for lettuce wraps. The texture is soft and pliable but holds its shape for all that delicious filling. Bibb and Boston lettuce are in the same family and are also great for lettuce wraps.
If you can’t find butter, bib or Boston lettuce, iceberg lettuce – found everywhere – is a good choice. The leaves aren’t quite as soft, but the shape and mild taste are comparable.
what’s in Korean ground beef lettuce wraps?
- butter lettuce
- olive oil
- ground beef
- salt and pepper
- garlic cloves
- Lucky Foods Gochujang
- ground ginger
- green onions
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- Lucky Foods Kalbi BBQ Sauce
Korean Lettuce Wraps Sauce:
- orange marmalade
- apple cider vinegar
- soy sauce
- Kalbi sauce
- cooked rice (instant or leftover rice is ideal in this recipe)
- sliced green onions
- dry roasted peanuts – crushed or finely chopped
how to make Korean ground beef lettuce wraps:
Separate and wash the lettuce then set it aside.
Whisk the orange marmalade, gochujang, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and Kalbi Sauce together in a bowl then set it aside as well.
If you’re including rice in the lettuce wraps, prepare the instant rice or reheat any leftover rice you’re using.
Lettuce Wraps filling:
Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat then crumble in the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper then add the grated garlic and continue cooking (breaking up the meat) until the beef is browned. Drain any excess grease.
Fold in the Gochujang, ginger, thinly sliced green onions, matchstick carrots, Kalbi sauce and water. Give it a good stir to blend everything then cover and simmer 2 minutes.
If you’re using rice, add a small scoop to the lettuce leaves then top with the Korean ground beef. Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of the sauce and whatever toppings you prefer.
- Enjoy these lettuce wraps with or without rice. You can use white, brown or even cauliflower rice. Instant or leftover rice is recommended to keep this a 15 minute recipe.
- Skip the lettuce and serve the Korean ground beef over a bed of rice.
- The meat can also be used for Korean Beef Tacos substituting tortillas for the lettuce leaves.
Other Asian Inspired Recipes:
Chicken Pad Thai – Quick, easy authentic Pad Thai – ready in under 30 minutes.
20 minute Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Asian ground chicken + vegetables and water chestnuts nestled in lettuce leaves and topped with a spicy hoisin sauce.
If you tried this Korean Ground Beef Lettuce Recipe recipe or any other on the blog then I hope you’ll leave a comment and some stars!
Korean Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves separated
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 2 large garlic cloves grated
- 2 tablespoon gochujang or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 green onions trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup Lucky Foods Kalbi Sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
Lettuce Wraps Sauce:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon gochujang or more to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Kalbi Sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- cooked rice instant or leftover work best
- sliced green onions
- dry roasted peanuts crushed or finely chopped
- Separate and wash the lettuce then set it aside.
- Whisk the orange marmalade, gochujang, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and Kalbi Sauce together in a bowl then set it aside as well.
- If you’re including rice in the lettuce wraps, prepare the instant rice or reheat any leftover rice you’re using.
Lettuce Wraps Filling:
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat then crumble in the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper, add grated garlic and cook until beef is browned (breaking up the meat). Drain any excess grease.
- old in the Gochujang, ginger, thinly sliced green onions, matchstick carrots, Kalbi sauce and water. Stir to blend everything then cover and simmer 2 minutes.
- If you’re using rice, add a small scoop to the lettuce leaves then top with the Korean ground beef. Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of the sauce and whatever toppings you prefer.