Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts, pan seared, cooked until tender with sweet maple syrup and crispy bacon. Simple, delicious side dish.
Once upon a time brussels sprouts used to be the vegetable people loved to hate. No longer the Most Hated Vegetable in America, they’re enjoying a new-found popularity.
These ;Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts are pan sautéed, infused with the flavor of sweet maple syrup and crispy, salty Applewood smoked bacon and are practically guaranteed to win over even your pickiest eater.
A simple side dish that tastes anything but.
My husband loves bacon and insists you could put bacon grease on a brown paper bag and make it taste good. I’m not sure about that, but adding bacon will certainly up your game.
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts are star-worthy enough for your holiday table, but quick and easy enough to serve any night.
What’s in Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts:
- brussels sprouts
- bacon (Applewood smoked bacon used)
- apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- maple syrup
- salt and pepper
How to make these brussels sprouts:
Cut the bacon into about 1/2″ squares and cook in a large skillet until crispy. Remove all the bacon and most of the drippings, leaving about 1 tablespoon behind in the skillet.
Cut the blunt end off each of the brussels sprouts then slice in half lengthwise. Peel off a layer or two, like you would with cabbage.
Transfer the brussels sprouts to the skillet facedown, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes per side or until they’re caramelized and fork-tender.
Whisk the maple syrup, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar together in a small bowl to form the glaze. Fold the glaze and bacon into the brussels sprouts then simmer over low heat 3-4 minutes. Serve right away.
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts brings out the best in brussels ~ and bacon.
If you tried this recipe or any other on the blog, don’t forget to leave a comment or star rating ~ I love hearing from you!
- 1 pound of brussels sprouts
- 2 strips of thick-cut Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon into about 1/2" cubes and cook in a large skillet until crispy.
- Remove the bacon and the grease from the skillet, leaving about 1 tablespoon of grease behind.
- Cut the blunt end off each of the brussels sprouts then cut them in half lengthwise, peeling off a layer or two from them, like you would with cabbage.
- Transfer them to the skillet facedown, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat about 5-7 minutes per side or until they're fork tender.
- Whisk the maple syrup, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar together.
- When the brussels sprouts are completely cooked, pour the glaze and the bacon pieces over the top, blending. Simmer over low heat 3-4 minutes then serve right away.
- Cucumber Dill Salmon ~ pan seared + Greek yogurt sauce ~ A Gouda Life - […] restaurant quality recipe is one of my most popular recipes several years running. Enjoy with brussels sprouts or…
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes! - Cook Eat Go - […] Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts […]
- Apricot Glazed Pork Tenderloin ~ oven baked juicy glazed ~ A Gouda Life - […] Roasted Brussels Sprouts: pan seared, tender brussels with crispy edges blended with bits of bacon in a sweet maple…