Mini Baklava Cups ~ all the great flavor of full size. Three kinds of nuts plus honey, butter and cinnamon baked in phyllo cups. You can’t eat just one! They whip up fast and can even be made ahead of time.One dessert is never enough at our family gatherings. That’s why one bite desserts are perfect. Mini Baklava Cups make the perfect addition to any get-together. Finely chopped almonds, pistachios and pecans blended with honey, butter and cinnamon baked in single serve phyllo cups.
These Mini Baklava Cups are so easy to make and even easier to transport. They can even be made the day before and actually taste even better when they sit a while.
The nut mixture:
Finely chop the nuts to a ‘rustic chop’ then add them to the bowl. A food processor can be used instead. Pulse several times without completely grinding so they still have some bite to them.
Add the nuts to a bowl, along with the lemon zest, sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
In a small bowl blend the honey and hot tap water. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the honey-water mixture and reserve. Pour the remaining honey over the nuts and stir to combine.
Making the Mini Baklava Cups:
Preheat the oven to 350° then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill the phyllo cups with about 1 tablespoon per cup dividing equally. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the nuts are lightly toasted then remove from the oven and drizzle the reserved honey over the top. Last, cool and store in an airtight container.
The hardest part of this simple, make-ahead dessert is not eating every one!
If you tried this Baklava Cup recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Mini Baklava Cups
- 1 15 count pkg mini phyllo cups
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Zest from one lemon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon hot tap water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Finely chop the nuts and add to a medium size bowl then add the lemon zest, sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt and vanilla, stirring to blend.
- Blend the honey and hot water reserving about 2 tablespoons of the honey/water, then add the remainder to the nut mixture.
- Fill the cups with about 1 tablespoon per cup dividing equally.
- Bake at 350 degrees 8-10 minutes until nuts are lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the remaining honey-water mixture over the top of each cup.