Mini Baklava Cups ~ mini phyllo cups filled with 3 kinds of nuts blanketed in an irresistible, buttery honey-cinnamon blend. All the delicious flavor as the full size classic dessert but way less work!
Mini Baklava Cups make the perfect addition to any get-together and are incredible quick and easy to whip up.
Finely chopped almonds, pistachios and pecans are combined with a buttery, honey-cinnamon blend then packed into mini phyllo cups and baked until golden.
They taste just like classic, authentic baklava but way easier!
These Mini Baklava Cups are so easy to make and even easier to transport making them ideal when you’re asked to bring a dessert to a gathering.
Their single serve size makes them easy to share and as an added bonus – they can even be made the day before. In fact – they actually taste even better when they sit a while.
What’s in mini baklava cups?
- mini phyllo dough cups (found in the freezer section)
- lemon zest
- melted butter
- honey + hot tap water
how to make mini baklava cups:
Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the phyllo cups on a parchment paper lined baking sheet then set aside.
Chop the nuts to a ‘rustic chop’ then add them to a medium size bowl. NOTE: A food processor can be used instead. Pulse several times without completely grinding so the nuts still have some bite to them.
Add the lemon zest, sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, a small pinch of salt and the vanilla to the nuts then stir well to combine.
Fill the phyllo cups with about 1 tablespoon of the nut mixture per cup dividing it equally then bake for 8-10 minutes or until the nuts are lightly toasted.
Remove the Mini Baklava Cups from the oven then drizzle the reserved honey over the top of the cups. Cool and store in an airtight container.
LoVE Mini desserts LIKE I DO?
Here are a few others to try:
Boozy Brownies – bite size fudgy, moist brownies from a box with a salted caramel-Jack Daniels drizzle.
Snickers Cheesecake Bites – Snickers candy cheesecake with a pretzel crust and both chocolate ganache and gooey caramel drizzle.
Bite Size Strawberry Pies – quick and easy mini fresh strawberry pies with store bought crust in a delicious sweet glaze.
S’mores Cookies – bite size graham cracker cups filled with toasted mini marshmallows and Hershey’s chocolate. For anyone who wants to enjoy S’mores all year!
If you tried this Baklava Cup recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Mini Baklava Cups
- 1 15 count pkg mini phyllo cups
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Zest from one lemon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon hot tap water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Finely chop the nuts and add to a medium size bowl then fold in the lemon zest, sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
- Blend the honey and hot water reserving 2 tablespoons then blend the rest with the nut mixture.
- Fill the cups with about 1 tablespoon per cup dividing equally then bake 8-10 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the remaining honey-water mixture over the top of each cup.