Mini Baklava Cups – the buttery, honey-cinnamon nut taste of authentic full size baklava in way less time using pre-packaged phyllo cups for an easy, delicious dessert!
These bite-sized mini baklava cups are the stuff dreams are made of. All the syrupy-sweet deliciousness of traditional baklava but with no fail easiness.
Pick up the phyllo shells (available in most grocery stores), fill with finely chopped nuts drizzled with a buttery, honey-cinnamon spice and bake until golden.
They’re a 2-bite dessert festive enough for your holiday table, elevated enough for cookie exchange bragging rights and quick enough to make anytime!
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
These easy Baklava Cups pack and travel well so they’re ideal for a holiday gathering or party.
It’s homemade baklava – the real deal – in bite size form.
Single serve size makes them great for sharing and they’re a great make-ahead recipe.
The parchment paper-lined baking sheet makes cleanup a snap.
It’s a delicious, festive treat this holiday season and all year long.
WHAT’S IN MINI BAKLAVA CUPS?
- mini phyllo cups (found in the freezer section of the grocery store)
- lemon zest
- melted butter
- honey + hot tap water
NOTE: this recipes contains only lemon zest not lemon juice.
HOW TO MAKE MINI BAKLAVA CUPS:
Preheat the oven to 350°. Place phyllo cups on a parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet then set aside.
Finely chop the chopped nuts by hand or pulse in the food processor (you want a ‘rustic chop’ – not completely ground) then transfer the nuts to a medium size bowl.
Add lemon zest, sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, a small pinch of salt and the vanilla then stir to combine and set aside.
In a small bowl combine syrup ingredients (1/4 cup honey and hot tap water) stirring well.
Reserve 2 tablespoons of the honey-water then pour the remaining over the nuts and stir well.
Spoon 1 tablespoon nut mixture into the phyllo cups (divide nut mixture evenly between cups).
Bake 8-10 minutes or until the nuts are toasted and a light golden brown.
Remove the Baklava Cups from the oven to a wire rack then drizzle the reserved additional honey over the top.
Cool to room temperature then enjoy right away.
HOW LONG DOES BAKLAVA LAST?
Store Baklava bites in an airtight container either at room temp or in the fridge up to 5 days. Storing at room temp preserves the crispiness of the shells.
You can also freeze baklava in a freezer-safe bag or container up to 3 months.
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER MINI DESSERT?
Let’s cook together!
If you tried this Mini Baklava recipe or any other on the blog or any other recipe on the blog, don’t forget to leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Mini Baklava Cups
- 1 15 count package of phyllo cups found in freezer section/grocery store
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 whole lemon zest ONLY
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon hot tap water
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the phyllo cups on a parchment paper lined baking sheet then set aside.
- Finely chop the nuts by hand or pulse in the food processor (you want a ‘rustic chop’ – not completely ground) then transfer the nuts to a medium size bowl.
- Stir in the lemon zest, sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, a small pinch of salt and the vanilla then set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend the honey and hot tap water. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the honey-water then pour the remaining over the nuts and stir to combine well.
- Fill the phyllo cups with about 1 tablespoon of the nut mixture each dividing it equally then bake for 8-10 minutes or until the nuts are lightly toasted.
- Remove the Baklava Cups from the oven then drizzle the reserved honey over the top of the cups. Cool completely then store in an airtight container.