Mini Strawberry Pies ~ fresh strawberries in a delicious sweet glaze nestled in bite size golden, flaky pie shells.
Many of us have a memory of food that takes us back to childhood. For my husband, it’s these Mini Strawberry Pies that his aunt brought him as a special treat from Sanders where she worked.
They remind me of a mini version of mile high strawberry pie from Elias Brothers Big Boy’s restaurant where we spent many Friday night dinners when our girls were small.
Maybe you’ll find a piece of nostalgia in these pies, too. Or maybe you’ll make new memories with the first bite. Just 5 ingredients and a few minutes time ~ they couldn’t be simpler to make. You might say they’re easy as pie!
Mini Strawberry Pies are a smaller version of a full size pie in an easy to make two-bite size dessert. They’re loaded with fresh strawberries and sweet glaze in a flaky crust. I topped mine with whipped cream but they’re even good without anything on them.
What’s in Mini Strawberry Pies?
- fresh strawberries
- strawberry jello
- premade pie crust with 2 crusts
- whipped topping (optional)
NOTE: you’ll also need a mini muffin tin.
How to make Mini Strawberry Pies:
Preheat the oven to 375° then grease the mini muffin tin.
Unroll the dough, pressing any curled edges then using a cookie cutter or plastic cup, cut the dough into 3” diameter circles. You should get 10-12 circles out of each roll of pie crust.
Gently press the circles of pie crust into the greased muffin tins to form a cup then bake 12-15 minutes or until they’re a light golden brown. Remove the tin from the oven and let the shells cool.
Add the water, sugar and cornstarch to a medium saucepan then bring to a boil. Cook 3-5 minutes or until the glaze thickens stirring frequently so lumps don’t form.
Add the package of Jello and cook 1 more minute then remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool completely.
Prepping the strawberries and assembling:
While the glaze is cooling, wash, hull and slice the strawberries then after the glaze cools to room temperature fold in the sliced strawberries and divide the glazed berries between the crust cups.
Refrigerator the mini pies until the glaze sets then top with whipped cream just before serving.
Can I make them ahead of time?
Yes, you can definitely make these Mini Strawberry Pies ahead of time. Store them in the refrigerator up to 2 days but wait to add any whipped topping until just before serving.
Looking for more tasty strawberry recipes?
Homemade Strawberry Sauce: fresh strawberries sliced then simmered to make a delicious sauce for ice cream or waffles.
Strawberry Bread: moist, lightly sweet bread loaded with fresh strawberries and topped with a simple cream cheese glaze.
Strawberry Peach Sangria: light and tasty adult beverage with fresh strawberries and peaches that screams summer freshness.
If you make this Mini Strawberry Pie recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating in the recipe box.
Mini Strawberry Pies
- 3 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 ounce box strawberry Jello gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- premade pie crust containing two crusts
- Whipped topping optional
- *mini muffin tin*
- Preheat the oven to 375 then grease the mini muffin tin.
- Using a cookie cutter or plastic cup, cut the dough into 3” diameter circles. You should get 10-12 circles out of each roll of pie crust.
- Gently press the circles into the greased muffin tins and bake 12-15 minutes or until they’re a light golden brown then remove the tin from the oven and let the shells cool.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, sugar and cornstarch to a boil. Cook 3-5 minutes or until it thickens stirring consistently so there aren’t any lumps.
- Fold in the jello and cook 1 more minute then remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Wash, hull and chop the strawberries.
- Once the glaze cools, fold in the chopped strawberries and divide it between the crusts then refrigerate the pies in the muffin tins until the glaze sets.
- Once the glaze is set, transfer to a covered storage container and refrigerate. Top with whipped cream just before serving.