Pesto Tortellini Salad ~ easy 5 ingredient cold salad made with cheese tortellini, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella tossed with bright, herby pesto. Perfect for parties; easy enough to make any night. For meatlovers, add prosciutto or soppressata!
For me, Memorial weekend kicks off the start of summer even though the calendar says otherwise. Barbecues, swimming and the beginning of a whole new menu that includes some cold salads I haven’t seen in months.
My 9 year old neighbor insists summer starts on the last day of school. Long days playing outside, watching for the ice cream truck and staying up a later at night. Who could argue with that?
For a foodie, the return of some favorite foods is like an old friend, especially this Pesto Tortellini Salad. Even though I haven’t seen it in months, we pick up right where we left off.
If you need another reason to make this Pesto Tortellini Salad recipe, it contains just 5 ingredients and whips up in under 15 minutes. Bonus: no mayonnaise so you can take it anywhere ~ and everywhere ~ and the three cheese tortellini adds such great flavor to all sorts of salads!
What’s in this easy, 5 ingredient salad?
- 3 cheese tortellini (the fresh variety)
- pesto (homemade or store bought)
- Campari tomatoes
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil
Optional: grated parmesan and basil for garnish
How do I make Pesto Tortellini Salad?
Bring a pot of water to a boil then add the tortellini and cook according to package directions.
Drain and cool the tortellini then add to a bowl. Gently fold in the pesto beginning with 1/4 cup then add the tomatoes and mozzarella. Taste and add more pesto if desired then garnish with fresh basil. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
Help! I have a house full of meat eaters!
Bring it! Add some diced soppressata or prosciutto are both really delicious options!
What goes with this salad?
If you tried this salad recipe or any other on the blog I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Pesto Tortellini Salad
- 1 9 ounce package 3 cheese tortellini fresh variety
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pesto homemade OR store bought
- 4-5 Campari tomatoes Cherry or grape tomatoes may also be used (adjust amount)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls
- Bring a pot of water to a boil then add the tortellini and cook according to package directions.
- Drain and cool the tortellini to room temp then add it to a medium size bowl.
- Gently fold in the pesto beginning with 1/4 cup then add the tomatoes and mozzarella. Taste and add more pesto if desired then garnish with fresh basil. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.