Pesto Tortellini Salad
Pesto Tortellini Salad ~ easy 5 ingredient cold salad made with cheese tortellini, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella tossed with bright, herby pesto. Perfect for parties; easy enough to make any night.
For me, Memorial weekend kicks off the start of summer even though the calendar says otherwise. Barbecues, swimming and the start of a whole new menu that includes some cold salads I haven’t seen in months.
My neighbor insists summer starts on the last day of school and the onset of long days playing outside, keeping a ear out for the ice cream truck and staying up a little later at night. Who could argue with that?
For a foodie, the return of some favorite foods is like an old friend, especially this Pesto Tortellini Salad. Even though I haven’t seen it in months, we pick up right where we left off.
If you need another reason to make this Pesto Tortellini Salad recipe, it’s just 5 ingredients and whips up in under xx minutes. It also shares similar flavors of this Caprese Salad but with the addition of tortellini. Who’s with me?
Bonus: no mayonnaise so you can take it anywhere ~ and everywhere and tortellini adds such a great flavor for all sorts of salads!
What’s in this easy, 5 ingredient Pesto Tortellini Salad?
- 3 cheese tortellini (fresh variety)
- pesto (homemade or store bought)
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil
Optional: grated parmesan and basil for garnish
How do I make Pesto Tortellini Salad?
Bring a pot of water to a boil then add the tortellini and cook according to package directions.
Drain and cool the tortellini then add to a bowl. Gently fold in the pesto beginning with 1/4 cup then add the tomatoes and mozzarella. Taste and add more pesto if desired then garnish with fresh basil. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
Help! I have a house full of meat eaters!
Bring it! Add some diced soppressata or prosciutto are both really delicious options!
What goes with this salad?
If you tried this Pesto Tortellini Salad recipe or any other on the blog I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Pesto Tortellini Salad
- 1 9 ounce package cheese tortellini fresh variety
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pesto homemade OR store bought
- 4-5 Campari tomatoes Cherry or grape tomatoes may also be used (adjust amount)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- fresh mozzarella balls
- Bring a pot of water to a boil then add the tortellini and cook according to package directions.
- Drain and cool the tortellini to room temp then add it to a medium size bowl.
- Gently fold in the pesto beginning with 1/4 cup then add the tomatoes and mozzarella. Taste and add more pesto if desired then garnish with fresh basil. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.