Pumpkin Spice Muffins from just 5 INGREDIENTS including a cinnamon-sugar topping. Loaded with pumpkin flavor ~ an easy, no fail muffin recipe.To know me is to know that by this time of year you’ll find pumpkin spice creamer in my refrigerator for at least the next couple of months. Naturally, Pumpkin Spice Muffins couldn’t be far behind and with just 5 ingredients, they’re a must for anyone riding the pumpkin spice train.
These no-fail muffins are delicious with coffee or a quick midafternoon pick-me-up snack and the ideal recipe to kick off the fall season, so let’s get started.
What 5 ingredients are in Pumpkin Spice Muffins?
Is pure pumpkin the same as pumpkin pie filling?
No, it’s not. Pure pumpkin or pumpkin puree won’t contain any spices or sugar. The only ingredient listed on the can will be pumpkin so make sure to use pure pumpkin in this recipe.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Muffins with just 5 ingredients:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then line a 12 count muffin pan with papers.
Blend the cake mix and pumpkin puree together in a bowl (note: the batter will be thick) just until it’s combined. Overmixing may cause the muffins to be dense.
Divide the batter evenly into the 12 liners then bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
While the muffins are cooling, melt the butter in the microwave, then in a separate container mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Next, lightly brush butter onto the top of each fresh baked muffin then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
How long will the muffins stay fresh?
Stored in an air tight container, these muffins will stay fresh and delicious for 2-3 days.
Can I freeze the muffins?
You sure can! Keep the muffins in a freezer container for up to 4 weeks.
Do you like recipes with just a few ingredients? This 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is a hit at my house for taco night, nachos and burritos.
If you tried this Pumpkin Spice Muffins recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 box spice cake mix Betty Crocker brand used
- 15 ounce can pure pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then line a 12 count muffin pan with papers.
- In a medium bowl blend the cake mix and pure pumpkin together just until combined (batter will be thick), then spoon into the muffin pan dividing equally.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the muffins cool melt the butter then in a separate container, mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Lightly brush butter onto the top of each baked muffin then sprinkle cinnamon sugar onto the top.