Reuben Wonton Cupcakes
Reuben Wonton Cupcakes ~ corned beef, kraut, 2 kinds of cheese and thousand island dressing baked in an easy bite size wonton cup.
It’s hard to believe but it’s been two years since I took a leap of faith and began this food blog journey. Last year I wrote a piece on the one year anniversary, still feeling my way through after reading articles like ‘How to Start a Blog’ in just a few ‘easy’ steps.
Contrary to much of what’s online, it’s not easy and it’s not free but I’m grateful to be here, still writing and still cooking. There’s no where else I’d rather be.
Last year in lieu of a celebratory blogiversary cake, I shared one of my favorite recipes. This year we’ll blow out a candle with these Reuben Wonton Cupcakes.
If the thought of a Reuben sandwich or Corned Beef and Cabbage excites you as much as it does me, you’ve come to the right place. They’ve become one of my top recipes as well as being a family favorite.
I first tasted deep-fried Reuben eggrolls with my daughters and niece one night at a restaurant and probably ate more than my share of them (sorry girls).
This baked version means a simple, at-home recipe you can enjoy anytime.
Reuben Wonton Cupcakes Ingredients:
- wonton wrappers
- deli corned beef
- cream cheese
- Thousand Island dressing
- Swiss cheese
- Gouda cheese
- mini muffin tin
Preheat the oven to 375° then gently press a single wonton into each mini muffin cup. They tend to stick together, so make sure you only have one per cup.
Next cut small squares of the Swiss cheese and fit them into the bottom of each cup.
Rough chop the corned beef into bite-size pieces, add it to a medium size bowl then fold in the room temp cream cheese.
Once it’s combined, drain the sauerkraut and add it to the mix along with the shredded Gouda cheese. Spoon it into the cups, dividing it equally.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the wontons are golden and crispy. Drizzle with Thousand Island dressing and (optional) extra sauerkraut.
Happy birthday A Gouda Life. Sincere thanks to everyone who reads, follows, pins, shares and of course, makes the recipes created here.
If you tried this Reuben Wonton Cup recipe or any other on the blog, don’t forget to leave a comment or star rating ~ I love hearing from you!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 pound deli corned beef sliced thin/almost shaved
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut well drained more kraut if you like
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing bottled
- 1/2 cup smoked Gouda cheese grated
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Mini muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Gently press a single wonton wrapper into each mini muffin cup.
- Cut small squares of Swiss cheese and fit them into the bottom of each cup.
- Rough chop the corned beef so the pieces are bite-size then combine with the creamed cheese.
- Fold in the (well-drained) sauerkraut and smoked Gouda cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the cups, dividing it equally.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- When they're finished baking, drizzle some Thousand Island dressing onto the top and serve warm.
- Irish Guinness Beef Stew recipe from A Gouda Life - […] you’re into corned beef, be sure to try these Reuben Wonton Cupcakes. They’re everything you love about a Reuben…