Reuben Wonton Cups ~ thinly sliced corned beef, sauerkraut, cheese and thousand island dressing ~ everything you love in the sandwich, baked in an easy bite size crispy wonton cup.
It’s hard to believe but it’s been five years since I took a leap of faith and started this blog. When I first posted this recipe, I was still sifting my way through articles like ‘How to Start a Blog’ in 5 easy steps’.
Contrary to these articles, it’s not easy and it’s not free but I’m grateful to be here, still writing, still cooking and always sharing some of my favorite recipes. There’s no where else I’d rather be.
If the thought of a Reuben sandwich or Corned Beef and Cabbage excites you as much as it does me, you’ve come to the right place. Reuben Wonton Cups have become one of my top recipes as well as being a family favorite.
I first tasted deep-fried Reuben eggrolls with my daughters and niece one night at a restaurant and probably ate more than my share of them (sorry girls).
They were like a classic egg roll but filled with corned beef, kraut and cheese deep fried and served with a dipping sauce.
This version is a simple, at-home baked recipe you can enjoy anytime.
What else can I make with wonton wrappers?
What’s in Reuben Wonton Cupcakes:
- wonton wrappers
- deli corned beef
- cream cheese
- Thousand Island dressing
- Swiss cheese
- Gouda cheese
- mini muffin tin
- cooking spray
How to make Reuben Wonton Cupcakes:
Preheat the oven to 375° then gently press a single wonton into each mini muffin cup. They tend to stick together, so make sure you only have one per cup. Lightly spritz each cup with cooking spray.
Next cut small squares of the Swiss cheese and fit them into the bottom of each cup.
Rough chop the corned beef into bite-size pieces, add it to a medium size bowl. Fold in the room temp cream cheese and blend.
Drain the sauerkraut and add it to the mix along with the shredded Gouda cheese then spoon it into the cups, dividing it equally.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the wontons are golden and crispy then drizzle with Thousand Island dressing and if you’d like – a little extra sauerkraut then serve right away.
If you tried this Reuben Wonton Cupcake recipe or any other on the blog then I’d love to hear from you with a comment or star rating!
Reuben Wonton Cups
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 12 ounces deli corned beef sliced thin/almost shaved I like Boars Head
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut well drained more kraut if you like
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing Kraft brand used
- 1/2 cup smoked Gouda cheese grated
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Mini muffin tin
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 then lightly mist the mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Press a single wonton wrapper into each muffin cup then cut small squares of Swiss cheese and fit them into the bottom of each cup.
- Rough chop the corned beef so the pieces are bite-size then combine with the creamed cheese then fold in the (well-drained) sauerkraut and smoked Gouda cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the cups, dividing it equally then bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle Thousand Island dressing onto the top and serve right away.