Best S’Mores Cookies – easy recipe – mini graham cracker cups filled with gooey, toasted marshmallow and melted Hershey’s chocolate.
Graham cracker cookie cups packed with gooey marshmallow center and sweet Hershey’s melted chocolate.
It’s a take on traditional S’mores and the perfect way to kick off the summer season.
These delicious cookies – ideal for backyard barbecues and all your summer entertaining – are always a huge hit!
S’mores Cookies with a graham cracker base, melted marshmallows and rich chocolate really are the best cookies of summer.
They’re bite size so don’t stop at just one – why live with regrets?
WHAT’S IN S’mores Cookies?
- graham cracker crumbs
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- butter softened to room temp
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- mini marshmallows
- Hershey bars
- cooking spray
*You’ll also need a 24 count mini muffin tin and a 1″ cookie scoop.
How to make cookies:
Preheat the oven to 350° then lightly spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
Whisk dry ingredients together: graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl then set aside.
In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream the room temp butter and both sugars together then fold in the egg and vanilla.
Add the flour mixture to the butter stirring until well combined.
Using a 1″ cookie scoop form each cookie dough ball and drop into the prepared mini muffin tin (you’ll have 24).
Use a 1 teaspoon size measuring spoon to gently press down on the ball forming the cup.
Bake 8-9 minutes (until edges are golden) then remove from the oven. NOTE: Baking time will vary with ovens.
The cups puff slightly when they’re in the oven so while they’re still warm using the same teaspoon measuring spoon press down to re-form the cup then add 4 mini marshmallows to each, gently pressing to nestle them in.
How to toast the marshmallows:
Transfer the muffin tin to the broiler and broil about 1 minute or until golden brown – watch very carefully so they don’t burn.
Remove from the oven, section the Hershey’s chocolate bar then press a piece of Hershey’s chocolate into the top of each cookie.
Transfer to a cooling rack until they’re room temperature then eat!
HOT TIPS AND TRICKS:
- If you already have graham cracker sheets just to a ziptop bag and crush with a rolling pin instead of buying crumbs.
- Use a brûlée torch to brown marshmallow instead of the broiler.
- If you can’t find mini marshmallows at the grocery store buy large marshmallows and dice them up.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVERS:
Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter up to 3 days or in a freezer-safe container in the freezer up to 3 months.
LOOKING FOR MORE SUMMER DESSERTS?
If you tried this S’mores Cookie Cups recipe or any other on the blog, don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment!
S'Mores Cookie Cups
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 96 mini marshmallows
- 2 1.55 ounce each Hershey bars
- cooking spray
- NOTE: you will also need a 24 count mini muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 350° then lightly spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda and salt then set it aside.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, cream the softened butter and both sugars together then fold in the egg and vanilla until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Add the ‘dry’ ingredients to the ‘wet’ ingredients stirring until they’re combined.
- Using a 1″ scooper form 24 balls dropping them into the prepared mini muffin tin then gently press down on the ball forming the cup using a teaspoon size measuring spoon.
- Bake 8-9 minutes until golden then remove from the oven.
- NOTE: cups puff up in the baking process. While they're still warm, use the same teaspoon measuring spoon and press down to reform the cup. add 4 mini marshmallows to each cup, gently pressing to nestle them in.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the broiler for about 1 minute watching very carefully so they don’t burn. OPTIONAL: If you have a brûlée torch you can use this instead.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and press a piece of Hershey’s chocolate into the top of each cookie cup. Cool to room temp and enjoy.