Summer Berry Salad with Mixed Greens, summer fruit, tangy goat cheese, toasted pecans and a 60 second lemon basil vinaigrette.
This easy salad recipe is perfect from Memorial weekend to 4th of July and every summer cookout in between.
Chopped lettuce or mixed greens, fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, creamy goat cheese and some toasted pecans.
Don’t skip the 60 second lemon basil vinaigrette that whips up in a blender. Trust me you’re going to be obsessed with.
This delicious salad is a great recipe as is, but if you’re looking for an easy main dish just add some grilled chicken breasts, shrimp, salmon, steak, even leftover rotisserie chicken — see what’s leftover in your fridge!
It’s truly the perfect summer salad.
WHAT’S IN THIS summer berry salad with mixed greens?
- chopped lettuce, spinach or mixed greens
- fresh blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
- goat cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- fresh basil leaves stems removed
- garlic clove
- olive oil
- lemon juice from fresh lemon
- red wine vinegar
- sea salt
HOW TO MAKE A SUMMER BERRY SALAD WITH MIXED GREENS:
Add rough chopped shallot and garlic, basil leaves, olive oil, honey, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and salt to a blender.
Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until smooth.
Toasting the nuts:
Warm a small dry skillet over medium-low heat.
Add nuts to the skillet then cook 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted, stirring or shaking so they don’t burn.
Remove from heat and cool completely.
Assembling the salad:
To assemble the salad, add lettuce or greens to a large serving platter or bowl.
Scatter berries over the top then add crumbled goat cheese, toasted pecans and thinly sliced basil.
Drizzle the vinaigrette dressing over the top. Toss and serve.
VARIATIONS AND SUBS:
- Baby spinach or other leafy greens.
- Try other fresh berries like fresh blackberries or other fresh fruit
- Slivered red onions
- Crumbled blue cheese instead of goat cheese
- Candied walnuts
- Try another type of nut such as pine nuts or even sunflower seeds
- A sprinkle of feta cheese instead of goat cheese
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS GREEN SALAD:
This easy summer salad goes with practically everything! Below are a few of my favorites:
Grilled Flank Steak – tender, juicy grilled flank steak loaded with delicious flavor.
Air Fryer Spareribs – cooks completely in the air fryer – lightly crisp edges with tender meat inside.
Grilled BBQ Chicken – 5 simple steps for juicy, bone-in grilled chicken breasts.
Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp – quick and easy for weeknights – gourmet level for entertaining.
SUBSCRIBE here ⇓ for all the latest recipes directly to your email box.
If you tried this Summer Berry Salad recipe or any other on the blog, don’t forget to leave a star rating and comment!
Summer Berry Salad with Mixed Greens
- 6 cups chopped lettuce, spinach or mixed greens
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2-3 ounces goat cheese or more to taste
- 2 ounces pecans toasted
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves sliced thin (chiffonade)
- 1 small shallot rough chopped
- 4 ounces fresh basil leaves stems removed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from whole lemon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Add all salad ingredients to a blender: rough chopped shallot and garlic, basil leaves, olive oil, honey, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and salt.
- Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until smooth.
TOASTING THE NUTS:
- Warm a small dry skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add pecans to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted, stirring or shaking so they don’t burn. Remove from heat and cool completely.
ASSEMBLING THE SALAD:
- Add lettuce or greens to a large serving platter or bowl.Scatter berries over the top then add crumbled goat cheese, toasted pecans and sliced basil.Drizzle the vinaigrette dressing over the top. Toss and serve right away.