What to Serve with Fajitas – 12+ best side dishes with your favorite steak, chicken or shrimp fajitas recipe. These easy side dishes are a great way to a restaurant quality fajita dinner any night of the week.
Friends – there’s no need to wait for Cinco De Mayo to try any one of these mouthwatering side dishes. Any one (or a combination) would be a great choice anytime!
The best part: simple ingredients + quick and easy to make = a delicious meal you’ll have on the table in a jiffy.
Below you’ll find recipes like your favorite Mexican restaurants – quick and easy – with minimal prep to make at home.
Mexican cuisine has been a long-time favorite of mine since my teen years at Taco Bell (I know, I know).
These days a tasty Mexican dish is on repeat in my house and is also a great way to entertain. It’s economical and almost everyone loves Mexican food.
EASY CHICKEN FAJITAS:
Tequila-lime marinated Chicken Fajitas whip up in under 30 minutes – in a skillet or grilled outside for a lively summer meal. Delicious juicy, seared chicken + caramelized vegetables – perfect with any of the sides below. CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE
Prefer air fryer? Try these 15 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas.
The chicken and vegetables are seasoned with a few everyday spices or even a packaged taco seasoning. CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE
These Steak Fajitas are always a hit and also cook quickly making them ideal for busy weeknights.
Tender juicy marinated steak, sliced onions and bell peppers cook completely in a skillet or air fryer.
Layer in flour tortillas with any of the toppings below. CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FAJITAS:
When it comes to what to serve with fajitas, there’s no one perfect side dish. That’s why I’m sharing 12+ ideas – so you can choose what you like best.
- Flour tortillas, corn tortillas – or even low carb tortillas – a vessel to load all that deliciousness into!
- Black beans or refried beans – just rinse and drain whole beans then warm in a saucepan. Jazz them up with a sprinkle of chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Lime wedges for a squeeze of fresh lime juice that’ll bring out the best flavor of the beef, chicken or shrimp.
- Grated cheese – a MUST (sharp cheddar works great!)
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onion
- Raw diced red pepper
- Avocado slices
cocktails, sides and dessert – ON THE BLOG – CLICK BELOW:
- Grapefruit Margaritas – light, refreshing with fresh grapefruit and lime juices. A tangy-sweet tropical twist on the classic cocktail. CLICK FOR RECIPE
- 5 Ingredient Mexican Rice – also called Spanish Rice – easy to make from simple grocery store ingredients with bold delicious flavor. CLICK FOR RECIPE
- Pico De Gallo – known as homemade salsa in my family with fresh summer tomatoes, jalapeno and onion. CLICK FOR RECIPE
- 5 Minute Blender Salsa – 5 minute restaurant style salsa made in the blender from canned tomatoes + a few spices. CLICK FOR RECIPE
- Mexican “Fried” Ice Cream – vanilla ice cream + crispy honey-cinnamon crushed Corn Flakes, fudge and caramel topping, whipped cream and fresh fruit. Delicious all year – especially summer months. CLICK FOR RECIPE
- Black Bean Soup – just 5 ingredients and less than 30 minutes! CLICK FOR RECIPE
- Pickled Jalapenos – 10 minutes and NO canning! Add delicious taste to fajitas, tacos, nachos, enchiladas or chili! CLICK FOR RECIPE
- Mexican Street Corn Salad – sauteed corn, pasta, bell peppers, tomatoes, black beans and crispy bacon in a chili-lime dressing. CLICK FOR RECIPE
EASY APPETIZERS TO GET THE PARTY STARTED:
- Easy Homemade Guacamole with ripe avocados, lime juice, cilantro, red onion and jalapeno. Serve with and tortilla chips. CLICK FOR RECIPE
- Cowboy Queso spicy melty cheese dip with chorizo, black beans, corn, tomatoes and cilantro. CLICK FOR RECIPE
- Chorizo Queso warm Mexican cheese and chorizo dip with diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro and a light squeeze of lime juice. CLICK FOR RECIPE
- Mexicali Dip super easy 4 ingredient spicy cream cheese-salsa dip. Make in the microwave in under 5 minutes. CLICK FOR RECIPE
If you tried any of the side dishes with your fajitas – or any other on the blog then I hope you’ll leave a comment and some stars!
What to Serve with Fajitas
SEE POST FOR FULL LIST + CLICKABLE RECIPES!
- flour tortillas or corn
- black beans
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- mexican rice
- grapefruit margaritas
- See post for complete list of the BEST sides, appetizers, cocktails and dessert to serve with your chicken, steak and shrimp fajitas.