White Chicken Chili ~ creamy, loaded with tender chicken, white beans, corn and green chilies. Topped off with sliced avocado, extra cheese, tortilla strips and sour cream.
As recipes go, this one doesn’t get any easier. Just load the ingredients into your slow cooker then while you’re doing whatever it is you do that brings home the bacon . . .WAH BAM! Thick, creamy, delicious chili loaded with tender chicken, white beans, corn and green chilies.
Of course, what starts as simple doesn’t have to stay that way. Feel free to dress it up with as many garnishes as you like, including a big dollop of fresh guacamole.
Make a batch on Tuesday. Eat leftovers on Wednesday (it’s even better reheated). If you’re lucky, there’ll be enough to freeze an individual container for lunch one day when there’s “nothing in the fridge”.
What’s not to love about a good pot of chili? With meat or even strictly veggie options it’s a crowd pleaser. Simple, hearty ~ a spicy bowl of comfort. This Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili happens to be my favorite chili of all time. Once you taste it, you’ll make it over and over again. It’s that good.
If you’re a lover of all things buffalo, THIS is your recipe.
WhY DOES THIS CHILI WORK?
- It preps in just 5 minutes and is ready in 4 hours on high, 6-8 hours on low.
- On the other hand, if you don’t have 5 minutes to prep this recipe ~ or don’t have the ingredients today and decide to get take-out, no judgement here.
- Serve it to guests as the main attraction for a chili bar and they’ll be pestering all night for the recipe. Guaranteed. Don’t worry when they realize how easy it is. It won’t affect your kitchen ninja status one bit.
Let’s get this started.
White Chicken Chili Ingredients:
- Bell pepper
- Boneless chicken
- Salt and pepper
- Chili powder
- Great Northern beans
- Green chilies
- Jalapeno (optional)
- Chicken stock
- Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch seasoning packet
- Cream cheese
how to make white chicken chili:
Chop the onion and bell pepper then add them to the bottom of the slow cooker. Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Give it a good rub then add it to the top of the veggies.
Drain the beans and corn (don’t rinse the beans) and add them to the slow cooker along with the can of green chilies.
If you’re including a fresh jalapeno, remove the seeds and stems, finely mince it and add it to the slow cooker. Next squeeze in the juice from the lime and fold in the chicken stock and package of Spicy Ranch seasoning.
Cover and cook 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
Using two forks, shred the chicken right in the slow cooker then add the cilantro and cream cheese stirring until the cheese is completely combined.
Serve with your favorite toppings.
How do I make crispy tortilla strips?
Glad you asked. Thinly slice 3-4 flour tortillas into strips. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet and once it’s hot, drop in the strips working in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan. Cook to a golden brown, turning to cook both sides then transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
Can I freeze leftover White Chicken Chili?
Yes! This chili freezes really well. I like to store mine in individual freezer-safe containers so they’re ideal for lunch.
Need a tasty dessert?
LOOKING FOR MORE CHILI RECIPES?
If you tried this SLOW COOKER WHITE CHICKEN CHILI recipe or any other on the blog, I’d appreciate a comment or star rating ~ I love hearing from you!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs can be used
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 15 ounce Great Northern beans canned
- 1 1/2 cups corn frozen or can
- 4 ounces green chilies canned
- 1 (optional) jalapeno seeds and stems removed
- 1 small lime juiced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 package Hidden Valley SPICY Ranch Seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Chop the onion and bell pepper and add them to the bottom of the slow cooker. Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder and place them on top of the vegetables.
- Drain the beans and corn (don't rinse the beans) and add them to the slow cooker along with the green chilies and (optional) finely minced jalapeno (seeds and stems removed). Squeeze the lime juice over the top then pour chicken stock in and fold in the package of Spicy Ranch seasoning.
- Put the lid on and cook 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Shred the chicken right in the slow cooker, add the cilantro then fold in the cream cheese, stirring until it's completely combined.
- Serve the chili with your favorite toppings.