Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
Fresh 3 cheese tortellini blended with vegetables, olives, herbs and cheese plus a creamy, homemade Greek dressing.
- 9 ounce package three cheese tortellini cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup pickled red onions OR ¼ cup sliced red onions
- ½ cup EACH olives combination of kalamata and green used, sliced roasted red pepper and crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ fresh basil sliced into ribbons
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice and zest from half of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
Cook the tortellini according to the package directions along with a generous seasoning of salt after the water comes to a rolling boil.
Once the tortellini is cooked and well drained, add to a large mixing bowl and combine with the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, red pepper, feta and basil.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl (whisk well) then pour over the top, gently toss to coat everything. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.